Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding with no attendants, how to do head table?

My fiance and I are getting married without having any attendants other than the flower girl and ring bearer.  I have 2 teen boys from a previous marriage, I can't determine how we should set up the receptioin tables if my future husband and I sit at a head table alone or do we have my boys sit with us or if I should set up a normal reception table that will seat the 2 of us, my boys and maybe our parents all at one table? 

Re: Wedding with no attendants, how to do head table?

• Options
    It's called a sweetheart table if you just sit alone.  I think it would be great if you have all for of you sit together though.

• Options
    When my sister got remarried the MOH & BM sat at table w/their families and the head table consisted only of the Bride & groom & kids (they each had children from prior marriage). 
  • Options
    You don't have to have a head table.  We decided to use only round tables that seat 8 or 10 and will sit just like any of the other guests.

We didn't feel the need to have a long table for our guests to watch us eat and this way we can all enjoy talking to others around a round table.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did not have attendants.  We sat at a round table with all of our siblings and their SOs.  It was really nice. 
  • Options
    You can do it any way you like, but I do like the idea of you, your husband, your kids and parents all at the same table.
  • Options
    At my first wedding (25 years ago, yikes, I'm old) we had a sweetheart table neat the buffet, so people walked past us. In our case, that meant 8 out of 10 people stopped to talk with us and I didn't eat until a few hours after the reception. Bad planning, I know. This time we are having an outdoor ceremony/reception with a cottage that will be used as mostly a staging area. Our kids are our attendants. My initial thought is to have the ceremony, proceed to the cottage, eat, let the boys take off their ties and let out excess energy, have quick family time and then go back out to where the guests should be almost finished eating to mingle. I don't know if something similar would work for you, ours is really casual and not very traditional.
  • Options
    I'd either do a sweetheart table with just the two of you, or have your kids and parents sit with you.  It'd be awkward if you and your husband were at a table with just your kids and then you kept getting up leaving the kids alone at the table.  You know what I mean?
  • Options
    Your 2 kids will be seated with your parents and FI's parents and the officiant & spouse at Table One.

You can't seat the kids with you and DH, because you and DH will be served first and then start table visits - which would leave 2 teen boys at a table, alone, in front of the room.  You really don't want to do that.

So you and DH sit at a sweetheart table for just the two of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards