Wedding Reception Forum
Options

father-daughter dance

I am having a dificult time finding a father-daughter dance song. It is an awkward subject because I have never been close to my father. (When I was 8 and the girl scouts had a father-daughter dance I tagged along with another girl in the troop and her dad). In the past year he has wanted to become more involved. I think he realized how much he has missed out on. Anyway, when he told me he wanted to help pay for the wedding I asked if there was anything he wanted; as in to walk me down the aisle or a father-daughter dance. He started crying and says that he would be very happy to be included. I want to include him, I like that he now wants to be a part of our lives but I just feel uncomfortable with all the father-daughter songs that I find on lists. Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: father-daughter dance

• Options
    I am old school.. I like brown-eyed girl or my girl

I am not sure if you considered either of those yet and whether or not you like them.
  • Options
    Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder is a favorite of mine.  He wrote it about his daughter. 

My dad and I will be doing the twist to Dizzy Miss Lizzy by The Beatles.  Not so traditional, but it will suit us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    A friend of mine just got married.  Her parents are divorced and her father has never really been a part of her life.  They danced to A song for my daughter.  I kinda speaks more to the love a father has for his daughter, but doesnt really speak from the daughter's perspective. 
  • Options

I hope you dance, Leann Womack

My wish Rascall Flats

The way she looks tonite
  • Options
    Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong

It's a great song, not too long and not overly mushy.
  • Options
    You got a friend, by James Taylor.  Seems like it would fit the bill without being mushy.  
  • Options
    I also love "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong - a great song, not cheesy, and not specific to father-daughter relationships. You could do "The Way You Look Tonight" by Sinatra too.
  • Options
    ask him...
    i have two dads, one biological (and the same as your dad a very non father figure) and a step father (who to me is my dad), my mom will walk me down the aisle, then at the reception we will be scraping the 'spotlight dances' both my dads have picked songs they want to dance with me to and throughout the night the DJ will play them, it will be our special moment but without all the wait time for guests, and then without the production. those that take notice will know the significance and those that dont... oh well
    good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards