Wedding Reception Forum
Options

HELP!!! How do i include something from my students?!?!

Im a preschool teacher! Im looking for a way to include them into the wedding!! Im not really sure how to do this and am open to any ideas possible!!!!! Thanks for any ideas ahead of time!!!!!!

Re: HELP!!! How do i include something from my students?!?!

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Why do you want to include something from your preschool students in your wedding?  Being a preschool teacher is your professional life.  Your wedding is your personal life.  I'm not at all a fan of blurring the line between those two.

FWIW:  I've been a preschool director and teacher for the last 23 years.  I counsel anyone who works for me to keep their personal life private. 

I simply see no reason to include your little students in your wedding.  It's not like they're going to get upset if they're not included, after all.

Last thought:  did it really take 19 exclamation points to ask your question?  I think you can cut down on your use of punctuation.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Bring cupcakes to class after the wedding.  This was the only involvement I had with my 6th grade teacher's wedding (and she was one of my very favorite teachers, who I also had for 4th grade), and I remember thinking that it kicked ass.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    A sign that says "congratulations X and y" decorated with their cute little handprints!

Anniversary
  • Options
    In 6th grade my teacher invited the entire class and a parent to her wedding (not reception).  Only 4 of us went.  I thought it was neat. 

In 5th grade we threw a fake wedding for our teacher.  Everyone dressed up and we wrote a little skit where the groom was late and the ring was lost... it was fun.  But this probably won't work for little kids. 

For preschoolers, I can't imagine them sitting through a ceremony too well, or performing a song (my little brother was a monster durring any pre-school performance - the pictures are hillarious - he pretended to be dead for a while, and godzilla, and a puppy) ...  I'd go with the cup-cake route suggested by aerinpegadrak. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the cupcakes are a great idea.  Unless they are invited to the wedding, there isn't a whole lot you can do to incorporate them.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    One of my friends is a teacher and wanted to include something from her class in her wedding as that is a big part of who she is. She had each of her students write a little note about what "love" is and put them at each of the tables. You could easily include those on the table number signs or something like that.
  • Options
    I think the idea of inviting them to the wedding really needs a rethink.  You can't invite preschool children without an adult; remember, they ride tricycles, but they don't drive cars.  Actually they can't even take a bus alone.  Inviting your class and parents will really swell your guest list.  Also, they're really too young to even understand what a wedding is. 

I really like the idea of bringing them cupcakes after the wedding.  Also any drawing from them should be initiated by them, and, again, they are really too young to understand what a wedding is.  I really feel any student participation should be student initiated or it becomes exploited child labor. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards