Wedding Reception Forum

Reception Kisses

I'm trying to come up with a fun idea instead of glass clinking for bride & groom kisses at the reception. I've heard of people singing a song with love in it and having other couples names drawn to kiss...but I want something different. Any ideas???

Re: Reception Kisses

• I've seen people stand up and sing.  It's more than a little obnoxious.

Either kiss when people clink glasses or don't.  But making a production out of it is over the top cheesy.  
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    At SBIL's wedding, the point where the MC announced that each table had to get up and sing a song to the bride and groom was the point where I told DH to finish his drink because we were leaving.

We just didn't kiss on cue.  There was no clinking at the reception (we used plastic), but at the brunch the next morning, we kissed once, then ignored it.  You don't have to, you're not a performing seal.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • You could buy those poppers.  They make a terrible mess and can potentially take an eye out, but at least it's better than singing.

I've also seen a bell that guests will ring.  Reminds me a bit of cattle actually....

I have also seen a jar with chocolate kisses.  The bride and groom must kiss when someone eats a chocolate.
    Photobucket
  • Muscian friends had little kazoos for everyone with a little note that said hum for a kiss. 

I'd agree with just let people clink glasses, stand up and kiss once or twice to be good sports, and then ignore it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-kisses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:87c202ea-55ba-47d2-b7c0-2643813bab01Post:04b6e54d-c6d4-44bf-be34-0e6366a383a0">Re: Reception Kisses</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could buy those poppers.  They make a terrible mess and can potentially take an eye out, but at least it's better than singing. I've also seen a bell that guests will ring.  Reminds me a bit of cattle actually.... I have also seen a jar with chocolate kisses.  The bride and groom must kiss when someone eats a chocolate.
    Posted by NillaWafer10[/QUOTE]

The kisses thing seems oversimplistic to me........what I've seen is that they had two different colour of kisses (like gold and silver) and if the person picked out one of the colours then the couple kisses.
  • Well Im deaf so it makes for an interesting deal.  My fiance had the idea of charging a penny for a kiss.  Tho I am sure my guests will use the weakness of mine-KIDS.  I can see it now My ___ wants to see you kiss him."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-kisses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:87c202ea-55ba-47d2-b7c0-2643813bab01Post:4021723a-6e37-499f-80ec-74b284af04ce">Re: Reception Kisses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen people stand up and sing. <strong> It's more than a little obnoxious.</strong> Either kiss when people clink glasses or don't.  But making a production out of it is over the top cheesy.  
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

I 100% disagree with you. I went to a wedding where the entire table had to stand up and sing a verse of a song contaning the word love in order for the kiss to happen. It was so much fun! If you have an outgoing group of guests this is a great idea! Some people just need to loosen up and find their inner child. Have some fun.

Although its still a clinking thing, my FSIL/FBIL had to kiss whoever they were closest to when glasses clinked. It was meant to keep the couple together to enjoy each other. After a good amount of beer you eventually have to seperate to use the bathroom, that was entertaining.
    May 2011-December Siggy My favorite registry item.
    (I managed to shatter the glass in our coffee table so we have none!)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're thinking about doing something for the animal shelter we adopted our dog from by putting announcements on the tables that say "We love being affectionate, but so do animals in need of homes.  To see us kiss, please donate $X (not sure how much yet) in this jar near the head table for homeless pets."  We may incorporate some sort of class/jar tapping.  Not sure yet, just an idea that may lead to further inspiration!
    Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-kisses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:87c202ea-55ba-47d2-b7c0-2643813bab01Post:1230006d-b213-492a-be22-ef2024ffcab4">Re: Reception Kisses</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're thinking about doing something for the animal shelter we adopted our dog from by putting announcements on the tables that say "We love being affectionate, but so do animals in need of homes.  To see us kiss, please donate $X (not sure how much yet) in this jar near the head table for homeless pets."  We may incorporate some sort of class/jar tapping.  Not sure yet, just an idea that may lead to further inspiration! Good luck!
    Posted by LaceyAnnLouise[/QUOTE]

A wedding should never, ever be a fundraiser, no matter how worthy the cause.  I think this is just an awful idea.  sorry
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards