Wedding Reception Forum

Parent honor??

My wedding is in two days and my father is sick and cannot travel the long distance to be present. I know if a parent is deceased they honor thier memory with the name next to a candle at the reception but what do you do to honor a parent who is alive but cannot attend??

Re: Parent honor??

• I've also seen people leave empty chairs with photographs in them at ceremonies to honor those who arent there. Honestly, it's your call and you and your fiance's day. Whatever you feel comfortable with doing is what you should do. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is anyone doing a toast or welcome speech?  I think it would nice to mention your dad in that kind of speech, and since your wedding is in two days, that should take minimal extra work.  If no one is doing a toast or if they don't feel comfortable, can you talk to your officiant about saying something about how he's thinking of you from afar at the beginning?  Sorry he's not feeling well.
  • That is awful.  I don't have any suggestions about honoring your father.  But have you considered having a webcam set up at your wedding so your dad could watch it live online?  Enjoy your day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards