Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Is this color palette okay?

I'm looking at Navy Blue, Apple Green, and Rust.  I can't seem to find any wedding combos online that coincide with this so I feel like it's either 1) unique or 2) really ugly that people aren't using it.  ahahahahhaha.  Need your opinions as to if it looks okay.  Thanks!

Re: Is this color palette okay?

• Options
    I like it.  Don't worry about not being able to find it online, my colors are burgundy and gold, but I haven't been able to find any photos that don't look like they belong in a circus.
  • Options
    There's a TON of blue and green out there.  I'm not sure where the rust color comes in, but when you're looking, use words like red or burgundy, something more universal than "rust".

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=active&client=gmail&rls=gm&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=blue+and+green+wedding&aq=f&aqi=g4g-m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_this-color-palette-okay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:8ac92694-3abf-4501-9503-af8e0881268fPost:d806897b-663b-4011-aab5-9f3973b637e1">Re: Is this color palette okay?</a>:
    [QUOTE] my colors are burgundy and gold, but I haven't been able to find any photos that don't look like they belong in a circus.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

Do a Google Images search for burgundy and gold wedding.  Several really pretty inspiration boards come up.  Also do red and gold wedding.
  • Options
    Why thank you! :)
  • Options
    You're welcome!  Sometimes it helps to use basic color words instead of the fancier words (blue instead of navy blue or tiffany blue, green instead of apple green or olive green, etc).
  • Options
    I love it when people come up with palettes that are unique.  I say go for it.

Something like this maybe?
  • Options
    Ohhh...HELLO.  I LIKE!  Thanks guys!  The whole "typing in basic colors" in google helped out too!  I guess I was being too specific!  YAY!  5 months until my wedding and I've finally decided my color.  ahahahahah.  WOW.  I'm late.
  • Options
    Future Mrs: Did you design that palatte??  Awesome!  Do you have a bigger version of it?  Want to put it in my ideas inbox.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Oooh, I looove it.
    I bet it's just not done ... and thats why you're having trouble.  I did find "rust" on the color wheel...so that is indeed the correct term for your color idea. 

I suggest putting together your own inspiration board...and definitely let me know when you have it posted - cannot wait to see it!

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards