Wedding Reception Forum

Wishing Well signage??

I'm incorporating a wishing well into our reception and want to make a cute sign inviting guests to use it. I've gotten suggestions for the sign to read, "make a wish for the new Mr. & Mrs." or "sometimes wishes really do come true." Those ideas aren't bad, but I'm looking for something more personal to the guests if possible and am having the hugest mental block ever. Any new suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wishing Well signage??

• I should mention, we're not begging for money! My Mom requested we use the state quarters she has been collecting for months from where FI is from and where I am from in some unique way and this was what we came up with. I am NOT asking for my guests money! :)
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do guest put money in the wishing well?  Or do they write wishes for the bride and groom on cards and put them in?  This one is foreign to me!

No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • The long story is my mom started collecting NH and IA quarters (where FI and I are from) and asked to have them included in the reception. Many people suggested gluing them to votive holders, or some other decorative use, but the quarters ultimately had nothing to do with our Cape Cod theme. My coworker came up with the idea to have the guests use the state quarters to make a wish either for us or for themselves in a wishing well. That is our intended purpose of the wishing well. Not to ask for money (which I have since learned some people actually do this to raise money....not us)!
  • Phew!!  As long as this isn't one of those "PUT MONEY IN HERE" type of wishing wells!!  Maybe all you need is the proper placement of the box, say near the seating chart?  Then all you need is a fancy plumed pen, some index cards and a pretty box!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So your mom is providing all of the quarters to put in the well? I think this is a super cute idea. maybe you could have the quarters there in a container that match the theme and then have a simple sign that says "Make a Wish". Since the money is provided you don't really need to go into detail to explain what it's for. And keeping it clean and simple would be more like a real wishing well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards