Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Center Pieces

So I have driven my self crazy going back and forth on the ideas of center pieces!!! I have already planned on 27 tea lights on each table (appx 15 tables). The venue looks so very gorgeous without even doing anything to the place. I know that I do not want much to any floral arrangements and I also am on an extremely tight budget. I can't find anything that combines non floral and very inexpensive.
So what do you ladies think? Should I keep searching or just stick with only the 27 tea lights? I wouldn't consider not doing center pieces if the place did not look so gorgeous as it is.

Re: Center Pieces

• Options
    Sounds like you have a very nice venue. I might encourage you to add some height to the tapes using pillar or taper candles . . both of which you can get cheap. The only bad part about tealights is that depending on size and quality they can burn down and out within a few ours. What about adding something else to the table top like colored pebbles? Are you using in theme in your wedding?
  • Options
    We had a great venue with floor to ceiling windows that offered views of the Las Vegas Strip.  All we did for decor was some scattered tea lights and rose petals, and I placed some vases at key points where the bridesmaids and I deposited our bouquets.

If your venue is already a showpiece, don't go nuts on the decor.  A very, very tiny bit should be enough.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the advice! :D
    I do not have a theme, but I'm liking the idea of keeping it low-key and perhaps colored pebbles scattered a bit might look cute. I'll just make sure it doesn't look too much like a beach. haha

Thanks so very much!
  • Options
    what type of dinner are you having? buffet, stations, family style, etc? i was a banquet server in the past, and 27 tea lights on each table makes it very hard to serve the meal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards