Wedding Reception Forum

Blue Fall Color Pallette

Hello all!
So we finally have a venue and now all these ideas bouncing around in my head need to come together! My wedding will be at the end of September at a winery. I have always really wanted royal/sapphire blue in my wedding. I know this is typically a winter color. Does anyone have any good ideas for colors to pair with deep blue or a theme that would incorporate it into a fall wedding? Help!

Re: Blue Fall Color Pallette

• Agree with Liatris.  We used royal blue, white and silver for our late November wedding.  Use the colors you like!

If you want to pull in a fall feeling, chocolate brown might pair nicely with a royal blue and you could use a pop of a third color (maybe gold?) to accent.
    Anniversary

• Blue and orange can go together quite nicely. It would have to be the right orange, but it's a thought.
  • You don't need to match your colors with the season. Blue is lovely any time of year. I love the idea of several shades of blue (e.g. royal or sapphire, midnight or navy and a soft baby blue) accented with a neutral tone like chocolate brown or taupe, and then a metallic like gold, silver or bronze to give a rich texture.

To incorporate a fall look you can use branches or wheat in your centerpieces. Maybe gather some gourds, apples, pears and pomegranates to spray paint with your metallic color of choice and cover with glitter. Or, if you want it to look more like a harvest, you can leave the natural tones of orange, yellow, reds and golds of those fruits as they will compliment any shades of blue while creating a lovely display of harvest bounty. 

Search Pinterest for inspiration on Blue and Gold weddings, or Blue and Brown. You can even pair ideas from Autumn wedding boards and/or Holiday boards to get ideas to create a beautiful harvest look while still using blue as a main color story. 

It's really all about the accents, I think... The overall theme should be "Wedding" and if you want to incorporate elements of the season then go for it. 

Anniversary
  • My photographer recently posted some pics on her FB page and the girls had navy blue dresses and held orange flowers.  It looked great!  And PP are right, colors don't have to match.
  • My Sister in Law did royal blue and her girls had orange and yellow flowers.  LOOKED FAB!  Think Fall leaves and against a vivd blue sky....gorgeous.  : )
    God is Faithful!
  • A royal or dark blue with pops of oranges, yellows and/or golds will look stunning. And everyone is right, don't worry about matching with the season. My wedding is in the spring and I'm having eggplant and gold :)
  • I'm getting married in 12 days and my colors are cobalt blue, emerald green, and golden yellow. I LOVE them together and they are so bright and vibrant!
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There's nothing more fall-like than azure blue sky against fiery orange and yellow fall leaves.  They look gorgeous together!

Viola:

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• KSerafin17KSerafin17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I am getting married Sept 2013 and my colors are navy, grey and touches of green. I didnt try to match with the season because I figured I could decorate my house for fall as many years as I want...I want my wedding to be its own theme! Good Luck!

Colours
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_blue-fall-color-pallette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:98accbda-f9b9-460c-9ad6-ff7fd03fbdffPost:eac325d4-b88c-483b-9fec-a19277873304">Blue Fall Color Pallette</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello all! So we finally have a venue and now all these ideas bouncing around in my head need to come together! My wedding will be at the end of September at a winery. I have always really wanted royal/sapphire blue in my wedding. I know this is typically a winter color. Does anyone have any good ideas for colors to pair with deep blue or a theme that would incorporate it into a fall wedding? Help!
    Posted by JTemp12[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My Fiance and I are getting Married September 21st 2013. Our colors are navy blue, white and silver. I think the very simple colors will go great with the light changing of the tree's. I wouldn't do any other bolder colors incase the tree's are turned already and there may be a little too much going on. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards