Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Beachy stuff...

My FI and I are planning an on the beach ceremony so for the reception I thought it would be kind of cool to incorporate that theme (in an untacky way). I've seen some receptions that go over the top with themes and that's just not me, but I would like to add some subtle details that kind of tie it all together. I've looked around online and find a lot of the same things and was wondering if anyone out there had any unique ideas or inspirations.

Anything would be appreciated. =)
My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Beachy stuff...

• Options
    We had a shell cake. The icing was light blue and the "seaweed" was drawn in white icing. We had cleaned shells decorating the cake tiers, and set out some beach-related items (shells, a net, etc) on the cake table to enhance the look. I have pictures, but not on me, they're on my home computer. You can send me a private message if you're interested in one.

Centerpieces are a great way to add to the theme. Like, taking a fluted bowl and filling it halfway with sand then putting in a white candle surrounded by little shells, starfish, etc. I don't know what your venue is, but for ours we bought a bunch of dried plants at Michaels and put them in rustic-looking vases to line the aisle.
  • Options
    here is my cake.

table cards

flowers that lined the aisle then was CP for the high top tables

table cards

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards