Wedding Reception Forum
Options

invites already mailed but changing miind on dinner vs. just hors d'oeuvres - help!

Invites mailed, RSVPs coming in, and we had planned to just serve heavy hors d'oeuvres. but now we're thinking about a served dinner instead. problem is, i hate to serve just chicken, but i can't do anything unsafe (like the lobster ravioli they have on their menu) if i haven't given people the option to choose an entree on the RSVP card, right? any thoughts? do i roll the dice and order half chicken and half ravioli and hope when servers ask which entree they want it splits down the middle??? supposed to turn in menu this week, so sooner the better! THANKS!

Re: invites already mailed but changing miind on dinner vs. just hors d'oeuvres - help!

• Options
    We did table side ordering for our wedding because I personally hate having to pick a meal before hand. I don't know what I'm going to be in the mood for in a month.  Ask your venue if they offer this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would def. check with your venue first. I know for us, we need to tell them exactly how many people ordered steak vs. chicken... and it's our responsibility to indicate it (by color code or something) on the name cards.

Are you open to doing a buffet? That would give your guests the options of choosing what they like and still offering a full dinner.

• Options
    I wouldn't just guess.  If you'd be ok with a buffet, I think that would be your best bet if you cannot do tableside ordering.  You may be able to have plated salad and soup, and then buffet for the entree course, if you don't want the whole meal to a buffet.  
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    You'll never be able to guess how many want chicken or ravioli.  Just choose the chicken, usually everyone will eat it, and make sure that you have a vegetarian option available.
  • Options

Can you pick out 2 entrees and have people decide day of?   The venue should know if they can handle it.....ask them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards