• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Reception Ideas

wedding reception timeline opinion please!

Hi all,

We're getting married on October 8th and have narrowed down our timeline for the reception.  I am kind of worried that the cocktail time is a little long and guests will get bored.  My reception venue is about 20ish min away from the church and in order for us to get pictures at the church AND at the reception venue (it's a golf club), so we have the following for our schedule.

3-4:30: Cocktails, Hors D'oeuvres (3 butler passed and 1 big stationed) with subtle DJ music in the background...I'm having a postcard guestbook to keep guests busy with that and also there's a veranda with cafe type "stand up" tables to relax.
4:30-4:45: Announcement of BP, Our Announcement, Welcome, Blessing
4:45-5:30: Buffet dinner with Champagne toasts
5:30: First Dance
5:35: Cake Cutting
5:40-6:20: Live Set from Band
6:20/6:30-6:40: F/D, M/S dances
6:40-6:55: Dollar Dance
7-7:30: Live Set from Band
7:30-8pm: Bouquet Toss, Garter Removal, Garter Toss
8-8:30: DJ Dance Music
8:30-9pm: Live Band Set
9-9:30: DJ Music till end of night

As you can see our reception is pretty long...and I tried to scatter different things so guests wouldn't just be sitting in their seats forever.  I would just like some opinions on whether you think this is an OK timeline or if I should change something.  The times listed are flexible and we're not going to stress over sticking to them to a T, but just have it as more of a guideline.  Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards