Wedding Reception Forum
Options

head table question for the reception?

i just got engaged and we have been planning things for the wedding and reception. and we were thinking about just having a sweet heart table and no head table at the reception because most of our wedding party is married or will have a date and we were thinking instead of having the wedding party sit at a certain table away from their date/spouse we were just going to seat them in with the regular guests tables. is that ok? we just want our wedding party to be able to be with their spouse/date. so is it ok to just have a sweet heart table with no head table for your wedding party to sit at? and to just have your wedding party sit among the rest of the guests? please help, thanks!

Re: head table question for the reception?

• Options
    As long as your guests get to sit with their dates, I honestly don't think they care where you're sitting.  Sweetheart tables are becoming quite popular.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    That is absolutely fine, and, in fact, is preferable.
  • Options
    that's exactly what I'm doing :)
  • Options
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.  Do the sweetheart table.  Your WP will bless your name(s) for not making them sit on a platform, without their dates, and have people stare at them while they eat.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    YES! it's absolutely okay - allowing your WP to sit with their SOs is the best thing to do, whether it's because you're at a sweetheart table, or you're sitting with your MOH and BM and their respective SOs, rest of WP and SOs at another table.

You're very sweet to think of your WP like this :^)
  • Options
    This is what we are doing as well. But we are reserving the WP tables near ours and having room for their guests at those tables.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is the way to go.  Or do a captain's table with WP and their dates.

It is rude to separate people from their dates.  I don't know why people think there is an exception to this for head tables.  There isn't.  
  • Options
    We are having a sweetheart table!!! Our wp is going to sit with their families and significant other!  We are going to have the tables near ours though.
  • Options
    YES!  Head tables are HORRIBLE. I hate them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Yes! That is what we are doing.
  • Options
    YES I would prefer that honestly!  I have been in 1 wedding that has done a sweet heart table vs the head table, I want to do this for our wedding too but Fi is against it.  I'm working on him though.. everyone in the WP will be married (except 1).. it only makes sense to ME for them to sit with their spouses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards