Wedding Reception Forum

DIL/FIL and SIL/MIL dance

My fiance are going to have a dance at our wedding where he dances with my mom and I dance with his dad. All of the parents are thrilled about the idea. I am trying to think of a song that would be good to play for this dance...any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIL/FIL and SIL/MIL dance

• Any version of 'I'll Stand by You'
    'What a Wonderful World'
    "We are Family" (teasing but that'd be super funny!)

• Is this an additional spot light dance your guests will have to watch?  I ask, becaue after the traditional 3 people don't want to see another spotlgiht, they want to get hte heck on to the dance floor.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_dilfil-and-silmil-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:b51221bb-6799-4563-ae01-4c4c2be73035Post:a46cb6f0-7288-43df-8ec3-543d47eb826c">Re: DIL/FIL and SIL/MIL dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is this an additional spot light dance your guests will have to watch?  I ask, becaue after the traditional 3 people don't want to see another spotlgiht, they want to get hte heck on to the dance floor.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  If you want to dance with each other's parents, I might think about double-dipping: you dance with your dad while he dances with his mom, he dances with your mom and you dance with his dad, or you both dance with your folks then you both dance with his.
    Anniversary

• Also love the song Frank Sinatra- the way you look tonight- Moves at a good pace and is fun.
  • My dad died when I was 8, so we will have our dance, then he will dance with his mom, then we will do this dance. So no, it's not an extra dance people will have to watch...still only 3 dances.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having FI and my mom join in halfway of the father/daughter dance, and FFIL and I will join in halfway of the mother/son dance.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_dilfil-and-silmil-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:b51221bb-6799-4563-ae01-4c4c2be73035Post:6bb2c2be-9abf-476a-b508-27a28fb4f197">Re: DIL/FIL and SIL/MIL dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having FI and my mom join in halfway of the father/daughter dance, and FFIL and I will join in halfway of the mother/son dance.
    Posted by lb1212[/QUOTE]

<div>Good idea, but doesn't work for us, there won't be a father daughter dance. I will not replace my father with anyone for that, so we are not having it. We want to do the dance I mentioned because we are very close with our families and they have done a lot for us.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also lost my father, and am thinking of modifying this poem and including it in our program:

Dear Lord,please clear a spot for them, they should have the perfect view
    Their little girls a bride today and she's counting on you
    Let her feel their presence as she journeys down the aisle
    But let her notice their absence if only for a while
    Let her stop and think of them as she is given away
    And know that if they could, they wolud be here with her today
    Dear Lord please clear a spot for them, they should have the perfect view
    And if they should feel sad today,
    Dear Lord we count on you.

• I made my bouquet out of dried wheat for my dad. I don't want anything to be said about him during the wedding and we are not having programs.  It's still a hard topic for my family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards