Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Philly Themed rehersal Dinner

My fiance and I are considering a philly themed rehersal dinner -- cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, hoagies and the like -- but I have no idea where to do it.  We are looking for Center City as we dont want to have to provide transportation for our guests and  we need to fit about 60 people -- any suggestions

Re: Philly Themed rehersal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend's brother is having his at one of the boat houses. I was also at an event there years ago and it was pretty cool. No idea of the cost though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had his RD in a cool room on UPenn's campus.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  The boat houses sound cool but the wedding in March (presumably cold) and I think it may be a tad far away.  But I will look into it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could incorporate Peanut Chews and Tastycakes in with your dessert - Love the Philly theme!  Sorry I'm not sure where you could have it... Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you try a VFW or something like that? You could get it catered and most of those types of places can easily accomodate lots of people!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Chickie and Petes? Not ideal location but everyone could hop on subway and head down there. DiBruno Brothers 19th and Chestnut rents out their cafe upstairs. I would think they would be able to put together a menu similar to what you are looking for.
  • Options
    nlavatonlavato member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steaks on South has an upstairs room that can be rented out and it has a really nice glass wall overlooking south street.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards