Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Need Some Reception Time Filler Ideas

Hello 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Day!! Well I am 74 days out from the wedding.  We are having a catholic ceremony in a small town Catholic Church the Priest also does mass for four other parishes in the area (Rural Kansas). The only time we can do our ceremony is at 2:00 in the afternoon it will last from 45 minutes to an hour.  

Here is where I need some ideas.  We have rented a huge peak pole white tent and are holding the reception in the tent in the church yard/lawn so people are not having to travel in an area they are not familiar with.  So the ceremony will last till roughly 3 then bridal party will take pictures, but everyone else will walk down the side walk to the tent or the reception. I have already planned on serving appitizers, fruit tree, and veggie tree with dips, a cocktail hour, and having the dj play set the mood kinda music until the wedding party arrives then my fiance will make our way around tables to thank and hug ect. 

So do you ladies have any ideas what else I could possibly have early at the reception to amuse the guests especially the out of town guests?