Wedding Reception Forum

teaparty reception idea?

Hi everyone,

So my fiancé and I are getting married in Belize (Central America) this December but we wanted to have a something back home for those who couldn’t attend. It wouldn’t be a formal reception more like a party. We were thinking that instead of having a dinner, it would be more like a lunch in the afternoon. Our reasons for this is because 1. it will be winter with tons of snow, traveling at night sucks 2. most people who are coming are older and would not want to drive at night 3. Everyone is very spread out but we found a central location, which would be about 1hr from where all guests.

So I guess I wanted to know if people though a lunch type, tea party thing was a good idea and if so want kind of food to serve? And any other ideas would be helpful

Thanks J

Re: teaparty reception idea?

• Is this a venue or someone's house?  I picture informal seating with pictures of the B&G and family--maybe find some childhood photos of each of you to mix in with pics of you as a married couple.  I'd love that as a guest.  If you can get your hands on a projector, you could run a slideshow in the background (just put it on repeat) so they can see how beautiful Belize was.  
    If the venue/house allows, I think a serve-yourself buffet for a casual lunch would be perfect, or if it's around 2 or 3 pm, heavy appetizers with coffee & tea (meatballs, scallops in bacon, mini sandwiches, etc).  By "heavy," I mean there should be enough so people can make a meal out of it if they choose.  Personally, I like the idea of apps, because guests can eat and mingle at the same time, which I think would work well for this type of party.  Maybe cupcakes or other bite-size dessert options as well.  
  • Thanks! Great Ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards