Wedding Reception Forum

Bench Guestbook

Has anyone done a wooden bench as their guestbook? FH and I were thinking about doing this and were interested in where you got the bench from/how it worked out for your wedding! I've personally never seen it done outside of television or off pictures on the internet, so I wanted some input from people who have done it before we committed.
TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bench Guestbook

• Oh I like the swing! but am sad to hear about the names washing away..
    Ive only seen the bench on pinterest and once on four weddings but would Love to know how it works out for real-especially after hearing the signatures washed off your parents swing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd suggest looking for an unfinished bench, if you are thinking like a park bench (wooden with metal handrails) then you can probably find what you are looking for at a home depot of similar hardware store, if not, they could tell you were to find one. Unfinished because people could sign the bench and then after your wedding, you could finish the bench and that would seal in everyone's signatures and prevent (or at least slow down) the wearing off. Or keep the bench inside your home away from the elements. It's a cute idea though! I saw it on tv! Very nice.
  • Rintin I was just looking on Pinterest (again!) and saw a couple who put their bench inside, that would be a great idea to help keep it away from the elements and help the wear-down of signatures! Thanks for the ideas!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards