Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Candy for the Candy Buffet?

So we have decided that an awesome favor would be a candy buffet for our guests. We already have a bunch a crystal containers from our China cabinet that will work fine. Now I am stuck on what different kinds of candy to buy (M&Ms, skittles, twizzlers) We don't really care if it matches our colors, we just want it to be fun! What do people usually serve? Also where would be the cheapest place to order bulk of this candy and how much? I am have around 250-300 guests.

Re: Candy for the Candy Buffet?

• Options
    We used

Candywearhouse.com
    Ohnuts.com
    The Knot personalized kisses and chocolate bars

Go for a large variety, that's really the most important. You wouldn't want to do all chocolate. Have some lollipops, rock candy was a big hit at out wedding, something sour, something gummy.
  • Options
    Someone recently said to order about 1 lb. per guest, which sounds INSANE to me, but apparently it's what is recommended. We had 150 people and did maybe 20/30 lbs. But ours was purposefully on the smaller side, we had other sorts of favors, and we didn't want to overdo it. We had stuff left over though.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I had a candy buffet for my Sept 09 wedding and it was a huge hit.
    i had 14 dif types of candy

mini mms,jordan almonds,smarties,lemon heads,twizzlers,gummy bears,gum balls,Licorice bites,fruit slices,jelly beans,sixlets,Taffy,Lollipops & Tootsie rolls.
    i didnt do alot of chocolate bc i had a gift bag for everyone also filled with chocolate & wine.

i got most of my candy from sweetcitycandy.com and they had reasonable prices.

also the average is about 1/4 pd per person anything more then that is to much.
  • Options

We are doing a vintage candy/desert bar. We will be having a few types of cookies, cupcakes, rock candy, lots of penny candy, dots (the candy on a strip of paper) and just have it for desert not a favor so we are planning on getting about 20 lbs because the amount of cookies and cake should do well.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_candy-candy-buffet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:cb5ebece-5e02-44cf-b8e6-3fa9247f85caPost:56dabfe4-dd8d-410b-9da3-23881a5f0d45">Re: Candy for the Candy Buffet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone recently said to order about 1 lb. per guest, which sounds INSANE to me, but apparently it's what is recommended. We had 150 people and did maybe 20/30 lbs. But ours was purposefully on the smaller side, we had other sorts of favors, and we didn't want to overdo it. We had stuff left over though.
    Posted by Calumet[/QUOTE]
    We did approximately 1/4 pound of candy per guest, and it worked out almost perfectly. We had very little leftover, but it was plenty to keep the jars full all night.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards