Wedding Reception Forum
Options

start time for Sunday wedding?

Our wedding is going to be on a Sunday in July.  We are having the ceremony and reception at the same location outside near a ski mountain and we'd really like sunset photos and possibly to have fireworks.  What time should we have the ceremony begin?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: start time for Sunday wedding?

• Options
    I would assume people would want to leave by 10pm for a Sunday wedding, if they have to work the next day.  I'd probably start by 3 or 4pm and do the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all back to back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_start-time-sunday-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:cc95a4c0-8821-4ccc-8412-f5d70d2f6de8Post:7ced5ec8-4ee8-4e2b-9418-949bf167a3b7">Re: start time for Sunday wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would assume people would want to leave by 10pm for a Sunday wedding, if they have to work the next day.  I'd probably start by 3 or 4pm and do the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all back to back.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Good point.  Our wedding is actually July 3, 2011, so basically no one has to work the next day for July 4th.  I should have said that before.  Does that change anything?

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yeah, that probably is good for people that have regular office type jobs that would likely have the day off.  Be sure to send out save the dates early though because that's a weekend that many people have plans pretty far in advance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to send out save the dates as soon as we sign our contract with the Inn.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just be prepared for your attendance to possibly be lower than you expect due to the fact that it IS a holiday.  A lot of your guests may have standing plans for that time and will have to choose between the two events. But, being that it is a holiday, I suppose a later starting time of 5-6 would be fine, though for a regular sunday I think they should start no later than 1 pm.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Our son and DIL's wedding started at 3 pm.  I don't know if you have any church going guests, but having a start time much before 1 pm would make it hard on those who attend Sunday worship.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I am also getting married on a sunday in July, and will have a start time of 4:00 and expect guests to leave around 9:30.
  • Options
    I think a start time between 2-4pm works best.  If your guests want to keep on partying when your reception ends, they can go to a bar or willing hotel room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards