Wedding Reception Forum

mixing satin and organza?

Hello! My wedding colors ar navy and blush pink. My venue comes with white table cloths so I would like to utlilize those. I am planning on doing navy satin table runners. Now my question is, for my chivari chairs....can I do organza blush pink sashes? or should I stick with satin sashes? (Oh the silly things that keep me up at night!) Does anyone happen to have photos of satin runners with organza sashes? Its hard to picture in my mind how this would look and if it would look okay? Thanks for any advice :)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: mixing satin and organza?

• I am not sure how it would look, very hard to picture in my mind.

If you are concern about mixing the two fabrics, maybe take a trip to your local Joann Fabrics, or some other fabric store and hold the two different types up next to one another.

I don't see why they wouldn't work together but always seeing it in person is your best bet.

• I would definitely look for pictures or go to a fabric store and see what they look like together as PP said.  You might even be able to visit a local rental place and ask to see the table runners/ sashes in a mock set-up (even if you don't wind up renting through them); the rental company near me offers this.

Without having seen it in person, I could see it working -- because the pink is the softer color, it might look really nice in an airy, drapey organza against the dark rich solid look of navy satin.

FWIW, the fabrics are mixed on bridesmaids' dresses all the time.  All three of my attendants chose a dress that mixed the fabrics and I like the look.  So maybe I'm biased.  :)
  • edited November 2012
    Can I vote for "less is more" and suggest not putting anything on the chiavari chairs? They are so beautiful as they are. Use the navy table runners and tie in the pink into the table decor. My wedding colours were also navy and soft pink and our venue had gold chiavari chairs, and I didn't do anything with them. It looked lovely.
  • It would be absolutely fine. 

We did a mix of fabrics for our tablecloths and the varying textures looked really pretty. I think what you're planning sounds lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards