Wedding Reception Forum
Options

reception opinions

we are doing a small intimate wedding, our families live 5 1/2 hours apart.  I would like to take everyone at the wedding to a nice restaurant for dinner and not have a large party type reception.  Is this acceptable? 

Re: reception opinions

• Options
    Yes.  It's fine.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Absolutely!  Talk to some of your favorite restaurants and find out if they have private rooms you can use.  With a small group, you can do a wonderful intimate dinner and really get to celebrate with the people you love most.
  • Options
    Sounds perfect.  As long as everyone you invited to the ceremony is invited to the dinner afterwards, you're fine.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    thank you so much for your opinion.  It is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    I am really not stalking you, but I wanted to see if you have posted anywhere else to figure out anymore ideas for your wedding.

However, I am so glad I did since I am getting married next weekend and we are doing exactly what you are talking about.

Our wedding is for 96 (which is not super small, but it is basically family and a few close friends) in my parents back yard with a dinner following at a local restaurant.  There will be no party-like atmosphere.  We are not big partiers, but rather enjoy an outstanding meal with our guests,  The whole time we were trying to achieve an intimate and simple affiar.  I am so thankful we went this path.  I am not on the other side of the event yet, but I think I will feel the same way afterwards.  I have been to countless "cookie cutter" weddings and I think doing something different is not only brave but refreshing.

If you need any help with ideas, planning, etc I can help you out.

Best of luck with your planning.
  • Options
    i think that this sounds lovely.  i get married next weekend and i bet right now my fiance is wishing that this is what we did...you will save yourself a lot of stress
  • Options
    Perfectly fine.  We were planning to go that route, but our group was too large for it to work with our budget.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I think that fine and sounds nice.  Maybe you can set up a limited menu so that people don't feel uncomfortable about ordering certain things off the menu - ie - am I allowed to get an appetizer or a drink, etc?.  I would think it would be important to at least have beer and wine available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards