Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Music for ceremony

For those who are not getting married in a church, are you having any kind of music played while the guests arrive?

Also, what song/songs are you having during the processional/recessional?
5/27/12

Re: Music for ceremony

• Options
    I am getting married on a cruise and I am letting Carnival use what they normally use when guests arrive.

Processional- David Gray- This Years Love 9Instrumental)
    Bride/ me- Big and Rich- Lost in this Moment (Lyrics)
    Recessional- The Beatles- I Want to Hold Your Hand (Lyrics) 
  • Options
    Why does it matter if it's in or out of a church?  Do you mean for sacred music reasons?  I don't understand why non-church has relevance.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    I had a string trio play before the ceremony.  I had a specific request for the last song I wanted played, otherwise I let them pick the selections.

I went to a wedding once where the bride played old love songs/standards before the ceremony (The Way You Look Tonight, Fly Me to the Moon, etc.)  It was fun to hear what the next one was and I thought that was a really cute idea.

I had all traditional music for my ceremony.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_music-for-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:e149fc0c-9ae5-4cfe-abf1-0dec04659387Post:757b093a-0331-4bdb-97f2-b9e9fb326220">Re: Music for ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why does it matter if it's in or out of a church?  Do you mean for sacred music reasons?  I don't understand why non-church has relevance.
    Posted by TiffannieF[/QUOTE]

We're getting married on the beach. Every single wedding I've been to in a church has been 'traditional' music, and I don't want that.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    getting married in a park and using fun, silly pop stuff pre-ceremony.

Smile- Uncle Kracker
    Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliat
    I'm Yours - jason Mraz
    Say Hey - Michael Franti
    Life's a Happy Song - The Muppets
    What a Wonderful World - The Ramones (FI and groomsmen are entering from one end of the park on this song)
    He'll Make Me Happy - The Muppets (a piano version and processional. I'm so excited to walk down the "aisle" to this song and FI's ring is engraved with "He'll Make Me Happy"

following the ceremony, our recessional is Mahna Mahna from The Muppet Show.

Obviously, we're weird, silly, and love the Muppets. :) I think your music should reflect the two of you and what you like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    I have no idea what our DJ played as guests arrived, but I know he played something. 

We mostly used traditional/classical music for our ceremony though.  The only two songs that weren't "typical" was the song H entered to (Legend of Zelda theme song, but it was an orchestra version, so it sounded like normal classical music if you didn't know what it was) and our unity candle song which was VSQ "I'm Yours".
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ncwenzencwenze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_music-for-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:e149fc0c-9ae5-4cfe-abf1-0dec04659387Post:45d1d6cc-44fe-4bd3-a208-1550cbeee0be">Re: Music for ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]getting married in a park and using fun, silly pop stuff pre-ceremony. Smile- Uncle Kracker Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliat I'm Yours - jason Mraz Say Hey - Michael Franti Life's a Happy Song - The Muppets What a Wonderful World - The Ramones (FI and groomsmen are entering from one end of the park on this song) He'll Make Me Happy - The Muppets (a piano version and processional. I'm so excited to walk down the "aisle" to this song and FI's ring is engraved with "He'll Make Me Happy" following the ceremony, our recessional is Mahna Mahna from The Muppet Show. Obviously, we're weird, silly, and love the Muppets. :) I think your music should reflect the two of you and what you like.
    Posted by enchantedonyx[/QUOTE]

can i ask where you got the arrangements from. i really want to walk down the aisle to "somebody's getting married" from the muppets but i have no idea where to find the arrangement. and im assuming our musicians (who i havent picked yet) will not have it
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    im using music from the vitamin string quartet..... its songs today but all done on strings.....so it sounds elegant but with a twist... im not doing a church ceremony and i love all their stuff.... go to vitaminstringquartet.com and see what they have i bet u'll find something i know i have!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards