Wedding Reception Forum
Options

how and where would i rent a food truck?

i am looking to rent a food truck for after our reception that is in flourtown pa, i dont really have a specific food that want, tacos, icecream or burgers are all options i like. i only need one. i was thinking of having it park out front of the reception site for about 45 mins after reception so people can get a little snack when they leave. i feel like i always leave a wedding hungry cause im too busy dancing and drinking ect. so i was looking for a staffed food truck to rent for that amount of time. any ideas on how and where to go about this? thank you xo jennie

Re: how and where would i rent a food truck?

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I hired two food trucks to cater our reception.  I found all the food trucks in my area and contacted each individually (after I pared down the list based on the food we like and how good it is).  In my experience, most of the trucks have a minimum you have to spend (around $750 in this area), and some even have a "truck fee" ($100 per hour, or $50 for the event).  Then you have to factor in tax and tip.

The best I can tell you is to contact them individually.  You should be able to find them in your area.  St. Louis has a Food Truck Association, so it was easy to visit all of their websites through the Association's page.  

• Options
    I would just google food trucks in your area and start calling. (food trucks are banned in Chicago)

Have you checked with your venue about thsi idea? Some places wont allow food trucks or outside food. Obviously the venue would prefer you buy your food directly from the venue or their list of preferred caterers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Our venue is an empty space with tables and chairs.  Obviously, our contract says that we provide our own food, drink, employees etc.  So, our venue wouldn't prefer that we use their caterer, since they don't have one.

But, you are right - of course you should check with the venue about whether they allow this.  Then, it becomes a matter of contacting each one, just like you would any other vendor.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_how-and-where-would-i-rent-a-food-truck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:e38e7b78-994a-4730-8a21-c78c015f1f10Post:03f5dcac-3dc8-422d-b01b-a007c6f45bd9">how and where would i rent a food truck?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am looking to rent a food truck for after our reception that is in flourtown pa, i dont really have a specific food that want, tacos, icecream or burgers are all options i like. i only need one. i was thinking of having it park out front of the reception site for about 45 mins after reception so people can get a little snack when they leave. i feel like i always leave a wedding hungry cause im too busy dancing and drinking ect. so i was looking for a staffed food truck to rent for that amount of time. any ideas on how and where to go about this? thank you xo jennie
    Posted by jenniefn[/QUOTE]

You aren't too far from NYC. NYC has loads of food trucks. The grilled cheese food truck is amazing!

Just google. Philly probably has a bunch as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have looked into food truck catering for a work event (DC area), and they all have different costs and procedures.  Most of the ones I looked at were a set fee per person, and they would provide a certain amount of food per person, and then you agree to pay for a minimum number of people.  Just google and start contacting trucks in your area.  DC has www.foodtruckfiesta.com that lists most of the food trucks here, I don't know if Philly has something similar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards