Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Venues near the Triangle that allow BYO Liquor?

We haven't picked a place for the ceremony or reception yet (aiming for Fall 2011). Ideally, it would be great to have an outdoor ceremony in a beautiful green setting, then have a lovely reception indoors with A/C. 

Food and alcohol are outrageously expensive, so it would be great to find a place that will let us bring in our own liquor and caterer without getting charged 20% for the right to do so.

We've visited lots of official venues nearby, but they're all starting to look alike and seem to cost quite a bit. 

We also want to hire a wedding planner, but aren't sure who to go to or how much they cost. 

All advice is welcome and appreciated!

Re: Venues near the Triangle that allow BYO Liquor?

• Options
    You may want to post this on one of the NC boards....they are to the left under "Local Wedding Boards". This is an international board and your local ladies will be much helpful in getting you info on local vendors, venues, etc.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    consider lookijng into renting a house that will allow a wedding to take place.this is what we are doing, check out homeaway.com or even www.skiesta.us( has two homes in nc)
  • Options
    You could try using something like the Wake County Shrine Club.  It's highly recommended on the North Carolina board on here.  Places like that generally you HAVE to hire your own vendors for catering, cake, and booze.  So,  yeah... try looking for a facility that does NOT have chefs on sight, but instead has a recommended vendor list, and that will be your best bet for finding BYO anything.  

Second the comment about posting in local board -- as a fellow Triangle-ite (Durham) and planning my wedding for next July, I've found an immense amount of help on the NC boards. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards