I am a bride on a beer budget, and a few months ago I was referred to a photographer who was going to give me a great deal on engagement photos and wedding photos. Given the incredible price ($1200 for e-session and 12 hour coverage on the day of the wedding), we couldn't say no (remember, beer budget!)
Recently, a good friend of mine mentioned one of her friend's husband is a professional photographer. My fiance and I decide to meet with him, just to see what he has to say (which I'm starting to think is a mistake). My fiance was very impressed -- he came prepared w/ his assistant photographer --equipped with iPad presentation, albums (which were beautiful), etc. Unfortunately, our original photographer had none of the above to show us during our first meeting
--which lost some points w/ the fiance.
Although the second photographer is a bit more ($800 more) the fiance and I are willing to increase our budget, considering we want the photos to be absolutely great (since it will capture our day forever). The problem we have now is... if we decide to go w/ the 2nd photographer, how do we break our vebal commitment to the first? We have already scheduled our e-session in a couple of weeks.. although no monies have been exchanged. All verbal. Any suggestions? Is this DO NOT DO on the wedding list? Please help.