Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Theme?!

My fiance's sister is also getting married and half way through the planning, she changed her colors and everything to have a theme for her wedding. She said everyone keeps asking what her theme is, so she created one.

Do I have to have a theme?? What are some theme ideas? What are some of your themes?The only themes I can think of are beach, hollywood, vintage and country...

I want to keep my colors (pink, silver and grey) but I cant think of any themes to go with those colors.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Theme?!

• Options
    No, weddings don't have to have themes.  Sometimes people choose them because they want to "personalize" their weddings in some way, but it isn't necessary.  Everyone knows what happens at a wedding.

Your color scheme sounds very nice.  That could work nicely with, say, an indoor garden-style wedding with pink roses and other flowers.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I didnt want a theme... and its good to know that not all brides have to have one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And prom is the one thing I want to avoid!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

my colors are green and purple.  we are getting married in vegas so the favors maybe dice keychains.  a touch of vegas vibe nothing more :)

• Options
    Wedding themes are something I only really heard of here. I think having a basic style to a wedding is one thing i.e. vintage, garden, beach, country, modern, traditional, etc. But to keep everything to one theme is overkill in IMO.

I just put in a post that our wedding has a "New England Country Elegance" feel, but I don't want the wedding to scream it.

You can say your wedding is traditional/contemporary, elegant/formal/casual (depending on decor & attire) in pink, silver and grey there a "theme".

• Options
    I think having a color palette is enough, you don't need a theme.  Our wedding has a rustic chic vibe, but definitely no theme.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with most comments on here...the 'theme' is you both.. if you choose things that both of you like then it will be awesome!

I have a 'theme' but it's because we like black & white movies and he has an architectural background and we both love art deco.. so as we were picking out elements it's what everything looks like... but I get people that say "that doesn't really go with your theme" like when I was first dress shopping, (I ended up with a dress that does go with the 'theme' but not on purpose it's because I tried it on and loved it) OR when we wanted ribs for dinner with pie for dessert... My response was the 'theme' is Geoff and me; if we love it it's in. 

The process is organic, choose things you both love because its a celebration of you both - a time for people to get to know you better - and for you to both get married! Have fun with it!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards