Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Red and black?

Backstory:  Originally, FI and I were going to go with black, Tiffany blue, and white.  We did the math and it would be too expensive, because my venue doesn't offer Tiffany blue linens, we'd have to rent or buy things.  So, FI told me to choose a color that vendor will provide for free.

I'm very set on wanting black tablecloths.  I want to do a black and white damask runner:

So, if we did red cloth napkins, red centerpieces, and red favor boxes or bags, would that look nice?  I'm afraid of it either looking Satanic or like Valentine's Day.  I'm getting married in the middle of summer.  Thoughts?

Re: Red and black?

• Options
    It will look great!  Black and white weddings are very "in" right now, and you can put literally any color with it and it looks great.  Red is one of my favorites with black and white. 

The damask runner will be the perfect touch to keep it from looking "satanic".  Go for it!
  • Options
    Sounds fine to me...But I'm biased as my colors are also red, white and black lol
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    If it's not an evening wedding, I think it's a little dark for the middle of summer.  If it's evening and formal I think it could be very pretty.
  • Options

You don't have to match your colors to the time of year.  It will look great.  It was my second choice color combination.

• Options
    Thank you for all of the input.  To answer a few questions, yes we are having an evening reception.  And we didn't want to keep the blue b/c I don't think that we could have enough blue so that it made sense.  Also, my MOH insists on wearing a black dress.  

• Options
    It will look great. My colors are similar. I am using Pearl, Crimson and Black accents.I would be wary of using too much black in the middle of the day, though. Especially if you are having an outside wedding, black draws heat.  P.S. love that tablecloth. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards