Wedding Reception Forum
Options

wedding timeline

I am going for a very simple fun ceremony. It is a second wedding and we want it to be appropriate. We are having our ceremony and then reception in the same place, on a Fridy night. Just our children are standing up with us...16,12,9,9,and 7.  We are doing most everything ourselves and would love to get some ideas about timelines to include everything and have it run smoothly.  Wedding is @ 6, so ceremony will prob be around 6:20...then we turn around, and there we are...what order should we do first dance, toasts, cake, our buffet...no dj, so we are kinda announcing things ourselves. (music is on an ipod). How long do most of these things even take??? 
We are not worried about rules and tradition as much as it doesn't have awkward pauses and people have fun and get out there and dance!! Thank you!!!

Re: wedding timeline

• Options
    We were married on a Saturday.  Ceremony at 3:30, appetizers at 5:00, intros at 6:00 followed by first dance, toast and blessing for the meal.  We were all starting to eat dinner by 6:30.  We had cake at about 8:00.  We did not have a DJ (used iPod) so a friend was our MC to introduce the WP, the first dance, toast, blessing and cake.  The venue took care of going from table to table so that the guests knew to get their dinner (buffet).  HTH!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Our timeline for the reception:

Entrance of BP and B&G
    B&G first dance
    Father/daughter dance
    Mother/son dance
    Toast
    Blessing
    Dinner served
    cake cutting

*dancing was between courses and after cake cutting.
  • Options
    TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT MA TIME LINE ALSO..I'M PLANNING MA OWN WEDDING SOMETHING VERY SMALL EVERYTHING WILL BE TOGETHER IN A HALL..I'M GET MARRIED THEIR ALSO .SO IT START AT 3:00& IT END AT 9:30..SO I FIGURE THE WEDDING START ..ON TIME..AND THAT SHOULD TAKE BOUT 1HOUR..THEN PICTURE..THEN BAC 4 THE RECEPTION PART BUT THEN EVERTHING GET CONFUSED TO ME ON THAT PART IF YOU HAV ANY IDEAS TO HELP THIS STRESS OUT BRIDE PLEASE HELP...
    ..:
  • Options
    My wedding is going to be on a Friday as weel. It starts at 7 the reception is at 8, we are following the tradtional timeline but have to be finished by 12 because of our venue.

Entrance of BP and B&G
    B&G first dance
    Father/daughter dance
    Mother/son dance
    Toast
    Blessing
    Dinner served
    cake cutting

*dancing was between courses and after cake cutting.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards