Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding colours?

Hi everyone!

I'm from Canada and we are having out wedding in January (brr). Although I love the winter and love the snow, I'm concerned if this may limit my colour palette. I want my colour palette to include: Ivory, Cream, Champagne, Pale Peach, Coral, Gold.

I wanted my girls in floor length strapless, coral gowns.

Do you these colours are inappropriate for a snowy winter wedding?

Thanks!

Re: Wedding colours?

• I think it would be beautiful. I considered a January wedding and would have loved those colors b/c I love, love, love the look of pink and gold Christmas decorations, so I think they look wonderful in winter!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I work at a bridal store and honestly people will even do black for summer weddings, so color really just depends on what you prefer. A lot of people actually go with ivory or champagne colored dresses and decorations and it actually looks very nice for winter. Have you though about maybe incorporating some type of light shade of blue or something like that?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-colours-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:faa14730-0fbb-4176-a1ac-d27632255de0Post:b5687085-b705-4011-b915-a03d9a49cf15">Re: Wedding colours?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I work at a bridal store and honestly people will even do black for summer weddings, so color really just depends on what you prefer. A lot of people actually go with ivory or champagne colored dresses and decorations and it actually looks very nice for winter. Have you though about maybe incorporating some type of light shade of blue or something like that?
    Posted by claudias91[/QUOTE]

I considered adding mint in there too, but thought it seemed out of place with the others.
    (Ivory, Champagne, Pale Peach, Coral, Gold).

I'm not sure if it's relevant but it will be rustic with natural tree bark, pinecones, burlap, mason jars, etc.
  • You should do a pinecone bouquet and bouts. I think those are cool. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I am having a winter wedding.I chose white,blue,silver colors with the theme of snowflakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards