Wedding Reception Forum

Dance Songs

What is/was your first dance going to be?  Your father/daughter dance?  Your Mother/Son dance?

Re: Dance Songs

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    My fiance, much to my surprise, asked to choose our first dance song and he chose Beautiful by Jim Brickman and Wayne Brady. I'm not having a father/daughter dance and he's dancing with his mom to You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban.
  • Our first dance song will be true love ways by buddy holly; my father daughter dance song will be down at pooh corner by Kenny Loggins and we haven't chose the mother son dance but im trying to my fianc towards simple man by Shinedown.
  • We didn't have dancing, but if we had, my father/daughter dance would have been "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • ours was going to be 'lucky' by jason mraz, and then we ended up going with 'i wont give up' instead. it was perfect =)

we combined parent dances and did sinatra 'the way you look tonight'. that worked out well too.
  • we havent decided on our song yet but for the father daughter, mother son dance we are doing something different. FI lost his mom last June so we are dancing with our children( daughter and son). I was thinking father daughter would be Just fishin by Trace Adkins and I am still stumped on mother son.
  • father/daughter is going to be Butterfly kisses by Bob Carlisle...cheesy and predictable, but my father really wants that song and it is all about him...
  • First dance is undecided right now.

Me/Dad - Dance with me Daughter of Mine (cheesy and tear jerking, old school waltz)

Groom/Mom - Forever Young (It was FI's grad song and his mom really wants it at the wedding, so I thought it would be a good way to incoprorate it)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI mother and my father have both passed away.

He has asked to choose our first dance song and is keeping it a secret.
  • We're planning on "God Gave Me You" for our first dance, and "Stealing Cinderella" for the father/daughter. FI hasn't decided on a mother/son yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards