Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Ring question (kinda long)

So we've been looking at wedding rings and I can't seem to find anything that I love. I have a cathedral setting and a wide band on my e-ring so everything looks so small next to it. I also am an "equal" person and don't like one ring on one side, I think one on either side looks better. Still, with the cathedral setting being up, the ring next to it being flush with your finger, I think looks strange.

All this to say, what about wearing my e-ring on my right hand and just getting a band that I love for left? Is that strange?

Re: Ring question (kinda long)

• Options
    Not strange at all - my best friend does this.  Her e-ring is a pear shaped and set in gold and an "odd" cut.  She has a diamond wedding band, which I think is in silver or platnum, so she wears the e-ring on her right hand.  The only thing she has to watch out for is a firm handshake (b/c people can shake her hand the wrong way and get hurt by the ring).
  • Options
    My rock is a nice size but I don't think it's big enough to hurt anyone Wink

I WISH!
  • Options
    I agree, not strange at all. I was considering doing this too, but I found something I liked to go with my e-ring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think its strange.  I actually would like to have 2 thin bands on each side of my ring but I will have to just see how it looks.  Also you might want to look at the place your ring came from.  They might have a band that actually goes with the ring.  Just a thought.
  • Options
    I think two thin bands on either side would work. I'm the opposite, my E-ring is very thin and I'm wearing two weddings bands, one on each side, to make the set bigger.

Or if you want to wear your E ring on your right hand and then get just a wedding band for your left hand, that would work too. I know people who have done that for one reason or another.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    would a guard look really bad with it?

you could always try that. if it still doesn't look good, I would do what you suggested, I think it would look fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    I actually thought I was going to end up having to do the same thing but I finally found something I liked with my e-ring.  So it's not strange at all and if you are anywhere near as picky as I am then I know exactly what you are going through :)
  • Options
    <-- super picky

I've tried a guard but because the ering band is thick (6mm I think) it basically goes from knucke to knucle.

I'd kick some butt in a fist fight but I don't like the look ;)
  • Options

I like that setting, very nice! I don't see anything wrong with wearing it on your right hand. Although, if you want, you could probably go to a jeweler and have them custom make you a wedding band that would match perfectly.

• Options
    oohhhhhhh custom!
  • Options
    If you can't find what you're looking for custom is a great option!  My FI custom designed my E-ring.  He used Brian Gavin to design the ring.  He does amazing work!  We'll be using him for our wedding bands as well.  

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/
  • Options
    One more thing.....  I don't know if any one has used this website but it has great info regarding rings.  My FI used this while he was researching rings/diamonds.  There are people on that website that really know jewellry/rings/diamonds/etc.  Great source of info.

http://www.pricescope.com/
  • Options
    Old married here, but I wear my ering on my right hand and my band on my left. My ring is oddly shaped (emerald cut) and on the larger side. I could never find a band that I loved that fit with it. After looking at every wedding band under the sun, I decided that I would rather have a piece of jewelry that I loved than one that was just ok, but fit with my ering. I chose an asscher cut eternity band (pic in siggie) and I get compliments on how much my wedding band stands alone all.the.time.

Your ering is gorgeous and the setting is really unique. If I were you, I'd forget about looking for a "set" and find a band that you love without worrying about how it fits together. Good luck!
    From Oy Vey to Ole!

I survived the RoLex wedding and all I got was this lousy husband.
    One&Only Palmilla - Los Cabos, Mexico
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards