Destination Weddings Discussions

S/O seeing FI's face when he sees you in the dress

I'm definitely going to have the photographer (or someone) snap a pic of FI when he first sees me coming down the asile.

When I go to weddings, I always watch the groom, I love when they first see their bride! :)

Re: S/O seeing FI's face when he sees you in the dress

• Totally! We did a first look and H's face was priceless {it's my siggy picture}... one of my favorite pictures/moments from our wedding! 

• that's one of my favorite parts about weddings! And you know what, I missed it at ours. It was kind-of a flusher to the altar so I'm hoping my photographer got his look. Definitely make sure that's something you request SOMEONE to do.
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• That is the first thing we told our photog I wanted. Him seeing me for the first time in my dress is one of the things I'm most excited about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is the one and only reason I am wanting to take 2 photographers with me, for this one picture!
  • edited October 2010
    Lauren, I LOVE your DH's face in that picture!

I definitely want a picture of the moment FI first sees me in my dress. I know I probably wont be able to see his face so I really want a picture to capture that. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, whether or not I want to do pictures before the ceremony and therefore do a first look. Up until now that's what I thought we'd do. But now I'm thinking that I really want FI's first glimpse of me in my dress to be as I'm walking down the aisle so I think we'll do the girls/guys pictures before the ceremony and group pictures after. That will probably change again 6 times before my wedding though, lol.
  • Lauren's picture makes me want to have a moment with him before the ceremony (oh and with the photographer there)!  Love it.
  • Thanks ladies!!!

It's funny because we weren't planning on doing a first look until a couple of months before the wedding and then when we finalized our day of schedule for pictures and timing it just made more sense to get a good portion of the pictures done pre-ceremony and do a first look... let me tell you, I am SO GLAD we did!!!! We have a ton of amazing first look pictures... 
    It's definitely something I looked down upon before "the first time I want him to see me is at the alter," but now looking back I'm so glad I changed my mind!!! It was so much more personal and private and such an amazing moment before the wedding craziness kicked in.

• 110% agreed...it's what I look for at all weddings I attend!  Love that reaction!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards