Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Too Much?????

How much is too much to ask guests to pay for a DW wedding? I was quoted a price from Beach Bum Vacations in which guests will pay 869 for three nights in Aruba. Plus, they have to pay for their own flights. Is this too much to ask ppl to pay for a wedding that is next July?

Re: Too Much?????

• Options
    We are getting married in Aruba this November and our guests will probably end up paying around $2000 a couple after all is said in done, but that's including $$ for food/booze, room, flight, & excursions. This is for a week stay. Our trick is we rented 7 timeshare units at the Costa Linda Beach resort and had our guests share units & split the cost. It cost each person $250 for a week stay! I also contacted American Airlines and got a group discount code to offer to my guests. If you need help or have any questions on Aruba, I am your girl. FI & I have been there 3x and our wedding will be our 4th trip! Feel free to email me at alisonpilgrim610@yahoo.com
  • Options
    P.S. what is the hotel that beachbum quoted you for?
  • Options
    Hey There, I'm also getting married in Aruba next July!!. Are you planning on having guests stay at an all inclusive resort? Which one? Is that were you will have the wedding? It sounds like a lot but if food and drinks are included then it's not too bad. You may to see if you can get a group/discount rate if you can fill ten or more rooms. July is supposed to be the low season. If it's not AI then maybe you could look around at different resorts to see if there is a big difference. If you plan and let people know a year in advance they will be able to save. Speak to those who you would definately want to be there and see if they will be able to make it. Don't ask TOO many people because you may not want to hear everyone's opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I've never been to the RIU, no. but I have seen it and it looks really nice! I contemplated staying there for our honeymoon after our weeks stay at the Costa Linda, but b/c of price & the fact that we did not want to go all-inclusive, we decided to go with the Bucuti instead. The thing about Aruba though is that there are sooooo many great places to eat on the island, it really sucks to be limited to just those at the resort. FI & I went all inclusive our 1st trip to Aruba and spent just as much $$ in that one trip as we did in the past 2 combined! If you can, look into some resorts that offer maybe a breakfast & drink plan. That way you still have some of the luxury of the AI, but also be able to eat off the resort for dinners without spending extra cash. RIU is also in the high-rise hotel section, which is more crowded. So if you like a lot of people and lots of action, the high-rise area is for you.
  • Options
    KamishKamish member
    First Comment
    sferg2010, have you already sent out information about your wedding for guests (info packets, STDs, invites)? If not, when do you plan on doing that?
  • Options
    I wanted to have the STD's sent out by now but the magnets are taking longer than I expected. I hope to get them by next week so I can mail them out mid/late August. That gives the guests 11 months notice. The most important people already know about the wedding location and date. Then in October I plan to send them a letter/ postcard with more details about travel arangements. - By then I should have things set up with the agent. I can't get any air quotes for next July right now anyway. I didn't want to send it all at once. The letter will hopefully serve as a reminder for guests to start booking their vacation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards