Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

My TTD came in and UGH!

It's a piece of Sh*T, I guess I should have known better ordering one from Hong Kong, but I figured I'd give it a chance.  It was less than $50 with shipping, so it's not a HUGE deal but still, it is such a piece of crap!  The seams are barely finished, the lace isn't sewn to the bodice, the zipper isn't even anchored past where it zips too, I feel like I could have sewn the same thing myself.Ugh, I'm just pissed that I have to start my search over again for a TTD.  My mom insists with some TLC we might be able to make it work, but I'm just so over this one.  On, btw, the seller was PrinceofCinderella so you guys don't make the same mistake ordering a piece of junk.

Re: My TTD came in and UGH!

• Options
    Oh no! That sucks!  I hope you find another one for a good price!
  • Options
    Awww.  Sorry Danielle!!! Maybe you'll find another one that's better!!  Good luck : )
  • Options
    That stinks!!  I have a two dresses that I ordered to possibly be TTD but I've decided to use my dress.  If you want to see pictures you can email me at dancinqueen040 at yahoo dot com
  • Options
    Reading this makes me very glad I've decided to get my actual wedding dress from a shop or netbrides.  I seriously contemplated going the same route as the OP for my actual dress because dang it...so much less expensive. I'm sorry your TTD isn't what you hoped.  Hope you can either make that one work or find one for a good price.  Don't forget to try ebay and craigslist!
  • Options
    This seller was actually from ebay.  I contacted them and expressed my disappointment, and I am waiting for a reply.  I agree though, do not ever order your real dress this way!  At least I only lost $50
  • Options
    Oh no that's awful! Well on the bright side at least you still have time to find a new one. I bought my TTD from Ebay and luckily it came perfect. I only selected North American Sellers though to avoid the whole China and other areas due to the bad reviews I found on here. I would suggest doing that as well. You might have to pay a little more, but I think it will be worth it.And hey, if I still haven't been able to sell mine after my wedding, I'll sell it to you :) It's a Pronovias Ritmo lace trumpet dress. It's currently a size 12, but I plan on having it taken down to a six.
  • Options
    Awww Danielle, i'm sorry about the dress! I am sure you'd be able to find something great at a good price!
  • Options
    That's a bummer!  I stick to US sellers only on ebay to be on the safe side.  I got my wedding dress on ebay and am always buying summer dresses too.  Have had great luck with all my purchases so far.  Hang in there on your TTD search!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :-(  THat's awful news.  Did you order from Ebay?
  • Options
    Your Mom may be right. Keep in mind that in the TTD pics, no one iwll be looking up close to the inside of the zipper, etc. Maybe with a little TLC, it coudl work for the pics. Put it on and have someone take some digital pics at home to get an idea.
  • Options
    That totally sucks!!!  Maybe it is salvagable tho?  If not, you have enough time to start stalking some sample sales and find a good deal - or try bravobride.com.  It's a site for preowned dresses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    Thanks for all the words of encouragement ladies!!!  The seller did contact me and offerred a refund, so we'll see how much they'll refund me, that will make the experience a little better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards