Destination Weddings Discussions

NWR: iphone vs blackberry

I am going to be getting a new phone soon and can't decide between the iphone (at&t) or the new blackberry tour (verizon). I am with verizon and love their service however I have the blackberry storm and hate the phone! I do like all the things that the blackberry is capable of. My FI has the iphone -at&t- and sometimes has crappy service but loves the phone. We live in NW Ohio...I will say that the service with at&t is getting  better (slowly). Anyone have either phone? Pros, cons?? Opinions please. TIA!

Re: NWR: iphone vs blackberry

• IPHONE IPHONE IPHONE! Totally blows blackberry out of the water.
  • I've had AT&T for 11years now, and I must say that their service sucks - not only phone service - repeated dropped calls, but customer service. My contract is up in March and I plan on switching to Verizon (FI has them and never has a problem). I have a lot of friends that have iphones and love them, but I don't know if the crappy service is worth it. Have you thought about the Palm Pre? I was thinking about that phone, but I heard Sprint is just as bad as AT&T.
  • I have Verizon and as much as I want an iPhone I refuse to leave Verizon. I have the BlalckBerry world and it was nice at first, but I want a blackberry with a camera now. I think I qualify for a new phone in January so hopefully all the newest phones will be out by then :-)
  • So I have AT&T service here where I live in MI is great so I don't have a problem!!!! I LOVE blackberry messanger and don't really use text messaging because all my friends have bb! Does Iphone offer something similar or no? My FI and I were thinking about getting IPhones when we r eligable for new ones but will not get them if they don't offer something like bb messanger
  • Blackberry! Crackberry! Blueberry! I love it. I have a blackberry curve. camera, video, email, facebook, maps, gps, great service, blackberry messenger. I love my blackberry. --can you tell I'm a little addicted--
  • I agree with PP!! I love my CrackBerry!! The MMS service is wonderful, and with Verizon i always have service, my roomate with AT&T must go outside our place to get her phone to work. Get the curve!
  • I live in Michigan too and grew up in NW Ohio (so I travel back a lot). I personally would not trust AT&T service in the rural areas of NW Ohio or parts of Michigan. It's a cool phone (i think it's hard to "type" on personally) but I have to stick to my blackberry :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Little Meatball

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I did think about Sprint but I have friends that aren't that thrilled with them either. I saw the palm pre last weekend at Best Buy and it's pretty cool. I just can't decide if I want to deal with crappy service all the time for a phone. I have wanted an iphone since they have come out but I have refused to get it until now. Because FI has at&t we have thought about getting a family share plan...I think that is why the decision is so much harder. That's another thing too.. most of my family and friends have verizon. So if I switched to at&t the only one I would have mobile to mobile with would be FI and honestly we dont talk on the phone that much! So I would have to get a plan with more minutes & pay more for texting because at&t charges a lot for unlimited txting. why can't verizon have the iphone? ugh, all my problems would be solved lol
  • Tonir where in MI do you live?
  • I just switched to the iPhone, getting a family plan with my fiance.  It's way cheaper for us, and I'm in LOVE with my phone (I cancelled my contract with my current provider).  I live in Canada, so I'm with rogers, and the service area/customer service etc isn't really a problem.  I do all kinds of stuff with the phone, and love love love it.   See how much it would cost to go in with your FI... we're saving a ton. BUT... if you like the other service better, go with that.   I love how it's totally an either or for people huh? Haha, love it!
  • I have a BB curve and love love love it!  The only thing I've noticed I really can't do is get on TK forums on it (or else I just haven't figured out how to do it).  My boss has the storm, but I don't think I would like the touchscreen. I've never really had a IPhone so I am biased.  But Verizon's service is great!  I've been with them for 6-7 years now!
  • I just got my iphone and I freaking love it!!! The only thing I don't like is you cannot send picture messages, but I asked about that at the at&t store and he said they are working on it hoping to have it up by end of Aug or Sept. 
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • I'm in the same boat. I REALLY want to switch to AT&T but Verizon service is the best (and I'm in Central Ohio!) One thing that makes a big difference for me is that the BB service with Verizon costs like $30 per line every month. With AT&T, we can get minutes, texts, and web for the same amount we pay now (without web!)
  • IPHONE!!!!! I am in love with my ipod touch and the only thing that would make it better is the phone function - but like the others, i'm waiting until Jan and hoping that Verizon can get the iphone then.  FI has a blackberry curve and is on again - off again with his phone.  He doesn't like the small screen and that effing side button always gets pushed somehow - annoying.  Plus you can do SOOOO many more things with the Iphone!  Apps, lists, music, games - awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • I <3 my iPhone, big time!!  I don't think I could go back to any other type of phone now that I've had it.  How can you beat an iPod, PDA, and cell phone all in one??  My FI and I have a family plan together and it works great for us. Just like any other cell phone service, AT&T works great in some places, and not so great in others.  Like pp said, Apple may be making iPhones for Verizon soon...I've heard buzzing about this for awhile.As for it being difficult to type on...this is true at first, but as you use it more, the iPhone actually "learns" your fingering pattern, so it becomes much easier and more accurate.  When I first tried it out in the store, I was like, what the heck, I can't type on this thing at all!!  But it only took a couple days of using it for it to become more accurate. 
  • I realize im a little late on this post.. but here's my two cents...CRACKBERRY + Verizon= very satisfied family!!i've had my blackberry pearl for a while now and LOVE it! husband used to have sprint or At&T but switched cause it was cheaper for us and verizon is a better service. We now have a family plan and it's working out wonderfully. Everyone we know has verizon for the most part so we rarely use our minutes except for those select few who dont.Husband has had his phone for almost 4 years now cause he's been waiting for a great phone with verizon.. He would love the iPhone, but is coming to realize that there is truly no sight of it coming to verizon anytime in the next year :-/ He is one to do lots of research, geeky forum groups, go into the different service places and "befriend" the tech guys there and get their opinions.. result He's waiting til the Samsung Omni 2 comes out. I guess it has a touch screen but will have the windows OS.. idk, he's really excited for it and is hoping its here before xmas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards