Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Destination Wedding/ Reception Dilemma

Hello! My fiance and I live in Austin, and are having our wedding in Mexico, where we met. He is from MN and I'm from Texas, and we want to have a reception in Austin as we live here, but most of his family isn't going to be able to fly down for the Austin reception (health, $$, etc) and now his mom wants us to have another reception in MN afterwords. Is this too much or ok? Opinions, Ideas etc are much appreciated!

Re: Destination Wedding/ Reception Dilemma

• Options
    I know there are some knotties who have done this, off the top of my head I can think of Shelli. Hopefully she will reply to this because she will be more helpful than I will be.I think it is perfectly acceptable to have more than one "AHR" if your needs call for that. I'm sure his family would enjoy that as well.
  • Options
    If both sides of the family can't be there to celebrate then I think it's totally acceptable to have 2 AHR's.
  • Options
    I agree, do what ever works for your family , you and your FI.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Options
    I think severla knotties have had 2 AHR for similar reasons. HTH
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options
    Absolutely I think this is okay, especially since this is what we are doing.  We are getting married in the Dominican Republic and having two receptions in the states (Chicago for my family and our friends and Connecticut for his family) that almost immediately follow the wedding.For the most part we are inviting people to the actual wedding and then to one of the receptions based on where they reside.  We are actually only sending out one invitation to people as well.  It's a pocket fold, so the main invite will stay the same (for the actual wedding), and then they will get different inserts based on which AHR they're invited to as well.  We are anticipating not many people coming to the wedding, but we wanted to invite them anyway.  I would also suggest you get started on a website where you can more clearly get the word out about your plans.  Let me know if you have other questions!
  • Options
    I agree that it's perfectly acceptable!! :) Just my two cents!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards