Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Father Daughter dance song..

I cannot seem to find the perfect song.  My Dad LOVES Sinatra, and I grew up listening to that type of music with him.  I LOVE the song "I loved her first" but the country version just won't do..I was half tempted to ask a musician friend to re-record it..What are you girls using?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Father Daughter dance song..

• Options
    Just a comment on the song "I loved her first", my friend used that song for her F/D dance and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.
  • Options
    Awwww... I love country music!!! My dad and I want to dance to "Teddy Bear" by Elvis... because when we were little we would sing it all the time. Dad was Elvis... I was the backup singer. Some other songs that I love - "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw... which is another country song... Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable" would be nice, if you wanted to do a Sinatra-ish song... The Temptations "My Girl", John Mayer's "Daughters" .... "The Way You Look Tonight" by Sinatra may be nice too... I am having fun thinking of these :-) Another one that I love that is kind of country-ish is "Daddies and Daughters" by Lee Roy Parnell... Hope these help, or at least give you some ideas!!!!!
  • Options
    I forgot to tell you what I'm going to use! Well I don't have one officially picked out or anything, but I would like to use a song by the Beach Boys because when I was little I would always listen to them with my dad. We would sing their songs and dance around.That or My Little Girl by Tim McGraw, even though just listening to it makes me tear up. Oh, or Best Day by Taylor Swift. I know it's actually a daughter/mother song, but I think it applies anyway.
  • Options
    Dancing when the stars go blue - Tim McGrawIt just works for my Dad and I and we both love it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are dancing "Isn't she lovely" Stevie Wonder.  I gave my dad lots of choices and I let him pick since it's his dance with me. 
  • Options
    In My Life...the Beatles
  • Options
    If we were doing one we would use "Your Going to Miss this" by Trace Adkins. It's a country song, but is 100% like mine and my dad's relationship.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards