Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

uninvited guest (kinda long)

Ok, so I had no wedding drama up until now.  I recieved a message on FB from one of my aunt's friends--and also a friend of the family--asking me if she can come to my wedding (tacky, I know).  Well, this lady is loud, obnoxious and to top it off she is super jealous whenever my aunt spends time with her family, which I know is the only reason she wants to go with.  Not to mention that's an extra plate to pay for!  Whatever, I don't want to cause unneccessary drama for my wedding, so I told her she can come (I'm not sending an invite though!)  and I figure my aunt can deal with her.So here's the worse part... I find out that she has this huge legal battle with the resort that we're staying at!!  I'm not kidding, apparently someone in her family fell at the resort a few years back and she sued them, they they ended up suing her back for something--I don't know the full story, but I think she owes them massive amounts of money.   Really it's none of my business, I just don't want it to turn into a huge scene once we're down there. I think I'm going to talk to my aunt about and just let her know my concerns and leave it at that. 

Re: uninvited guest (kinda long)

• Options
    OMG!  I would definitely talk to your aunt about how she can NOT come to your wedding.  What are the chances that she has a lawsuit against your resort?!  How crazy!
  • Options
    Ugghhh! She sounds like a hot mess! First of all, who requests to be invited to a wedding!?! Tickity Tack. I think you should definitely tell your aunt how you feel about it and have her un-invite her friend. Its too complicated. She sounds like trouble and no one wants trouble on their special day. Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree talk  to your aunt pronto!  I don't think you can have this woman at your wedding.
  • Options
    Holy cow!!!!!  Honestly, I would've said NO if she asked.  That's a little obnoxious to place you on the spot like that.  Yes, talk to your aunt - and don't send that crazy lady an invite!  If you don't want her there, you have every right to say NO, NO NO!!!  Or maybe have your aunt talk to her and say that you're on serious budget constraints?  that's just my 2 cents.  You'll have a lovely wedding regardless ;-)
  • Options
    I agree with Salsa. I would send her a note and say unfortunately, we really have to limit due to budget contraints and can only invite immediate family(although you know there are a ton of other reasons why she should not be there). You really do not need to say anything else. There is a reason she was not on your initial invite list.
  • Options
    I agree with pp.  Just tell the friend that you guys are running into major budget constraints and that you can only afford to have family there.  Do not let this lady come to your wedding, it is only going to cause a major headache for you.  And let your aunt step in a deal with it too since it's her friend.  GL!
  • Options
    VETO!!! I agree w/ pp. there is no way that this woman can come to your wedding. Her legal issues could end up causing some major issues for your wedding. Is she even allowed on the property after the lawsuit? I have a feeling that this wil end up causing even more stress than what you had hoped to avoid by inviting her in he first place. I would talk to your aunt pronto.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!  Now that I think about, I don't think she is even allowed on the resort.  I know her daughter wanted to get married there but couldn't so they moved the wedding to another part of Mexico.I really do like the budget idea!  Since FI and I are paying for this ourselves this might work!I also notified my TA not to include her in our group reservations. I don't want the resort knowing that she's with us... I'm so evil!Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards