Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Photogs....Any Reviews?

It's time to start meeting with Photographers! :-O  I had 3 that I'm looking at so far and wanted to see if anyone has reviewsI know a ton of people have praised Mike Landis so I know he's good...he's in my top choice right now. Is he flexible with timing? His website says 6 hours, but can you book him for longer??Also-- has anyone used Tyler Boye? My place of wedding, Normandy, recommends him. And lastly....Barton Paul Photography?? Any thoughts on him?
Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
Photobucket

Re: Photogs....Any Reviews?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with Barton Paul and did not like his personality.. he came off snooty. Also, I knew a girl who booked him and canceled her wedding.... two years later, she was getting married again to someone else and all the money she paid him before, he would only give her a small credit. So she said F you and found a new photographer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Barton Paul remark, I felt like he was trying to tell me how to plan my wedding day and that I was stupid for not wanting to see FI beforehand to do pictures.  He did great work but I thought he was over priced and kind of a jerk.We are using Linked Forever Photography.  They seem really nice- but since our wedding is still 7months away and our epics aren't for another 2 weeks I can't give any real reviews yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mike is great - he can customize a package for you if you have a different timeframe in mind.
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't looked at Mike's current packages lately, but I custom designed my package. I believe 6 hours is just the starting package. I booked him for 7.
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm thanks for the heads up on Barton Paul. I think I'm definatly going to set up a time to meet with Mike- he sounds fantastic!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    edited December 2011
    On a side note, I'm really happy that Mike is getting so much recognition from this board lately! When I first booked him in April '08 to shoot my June '09 wedding, I had such a hard time finding other clients to talk to. 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, it's great to have all your guys to help me out with stuff! I'm pretty much the first of my friends to get married, so besides my sister I don't have much suggestions to go off of! Mamie-- I saw some photos he did on your blog...your wedding book looks really cool!ooosdie- I saw your pics mike did...beautiful! I love the one of you 2 sitting in the aisle at the church, thats so cute!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, jesster. I have a crapload of pics in my married bio if you feel like coming through more. :)
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did look! awesome! I am really excited to meet with Mike and hopefully he's not booked yet for my date and i love all your websites--great idea!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Craig Single. He did our wedding (and a few friends) and I couldn't have been happier! He made us both feel comfortable with the whole process. He doesn't really have "packages" so you can pick what you want. He was also just choosen as the top Wedding Photog by My Fox Philly. His site is www.singlexphoto. Hope this helps! Enjoy the planning. I miss it already.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for other great photogs, my favorites: Doug Burns, Candid Moments Photography (who I hired...pics in my married bio) Sarah SchulteTony Hoffer
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions! There's so many choices! ahhh!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    by the way heather-- your photos/website made me very excited for my Normandy wedding :):)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is mike landis flexible w/ price?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope to find out if he's flexible with pricing at my appointment-- ill let you know if no one else knows! Anyone ever use Hy Paul Studio??
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards