Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Invite Help

So Meghan's post got me thinking.My parents are together, and I want them on the invite.  FI's parents are not together anymore.  His mum currently has his dads last name (kept it cause of FI), but is now thinking of changing it back to maiden name.I want to have the invite to read that my parents announce the wedding so Dad & Mum K invite you to Teresa & Adam son of.. but here is my problem, the dad normally goes first, but in this case, if we put FI's dad first, his mom will freak, so would we do son of Mom S & Dad S?  And if she changes her name between now and the wedidng, we look like idiots.So pretty much, how would I word it being I want the parents on the invite, but cant have his dad mentioned first.
A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010

Re: Invite Help

• Options
    This is tough one!!!  Can you do something like...."The parents of Teresa & Adam invite you to....."Or were you wanting to specifically list each parent? 
  • Options
    To help out a little does she use her new name yet?  If it's already known that she will change her name to the people that it matters maybe you can use that.  So... Dad & Mum K invite you to Teresa & Adam son of Mum X & Dad Y
  • Options
    I really want to use the names of my parents.  They have helped both finacially and emotionally with the wedding.  His parents, specifically his mom has just made it more emotionally and finicially stressing on us, so I would idealy like to not have them on the invite. She likely will be pissed if FI dad is on it, but I cant just not put him because it will upset her.  It is just a headache and a half.
    A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • Options
    Oy,  It is for this reason why there is no parents mentioned on our invite.  My mom and dad are now both married to their ex's ex's... like they switched wives/husbands after one of the couples cheated on the other and broke up both marriages.... ick.  Was sooo not going there.  I wish you so much LUCK!
  • Options
    Honestly, I would just go with tradition and put Dad & M K invite.. Teresa & Adam son of Dad S and Mom S. If she's still going by his last name then she really can't complain that that would go on the invitation. And it sounds like she needs to grow up about having FI's dad on the invite and get overself. So I would just do it that way and tell her to get over it....that's just me though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards