Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

OOT Bags/Trial Sizes

Hi Ladies! For those of you doing OOT bags..where did you get small trial sizes of.. - Sunscreen - Small packages of Advil or Tylenol or other itmes. Thanks.

Re: OOT Bags/Trial Sizes

• Options
    I know there is a website a lot of ladies have used, but I can't recall what it is.Also, have you tried looking at the travel section of Target? Or like the 99cent Store?
  • Options
    www.minimus.biz I haven't ordered anything yet - but if I do I will use this site!!!
  • Options
    Like Sarah, I like www.minimus.biz, however, I ♥ Target (woo hoo!) so I will definitely being getting most of it there. I've actually picked things up a little at a time to spread the cost over a period of time!  :)  Also, I read on a former DW Knottie's bio that for snacks and stuff, instead of spending $1.00 a pop for individual chips and snacks per person, she bought bigger size bags of snacks (ships, beef jerky, candies, etc.) and used quart sized zip lock baggies ~ made a cute label for each snack and made up tons of individual bags that way.  Saved tons of money.  I'm thinking I'm going to go that route as well!  :)HTH!
  • Options
    I'm butting in here.  I went to the dollar store to get all of my items, although I didn't include advil or sunscreen.  I got packages of stuff at the dollar store rather that individual stuff...for example, a package of lollipops or cereal bars...that way I got several bags done for the price of 1.00. They had antibacterial wipes in a package of 10 or something and other things similar, etc.  I would start there and then work your way on to something more expensive.
  • Options
    I bought most of my items at the travel size section in Target.  They had sunscreen, aloe, advil, tissues, etc.  Lot's to choose from.  Most items were .99
  • Options
    Ditto to the PP's about www.minimus.biz . I decided to buy small 2 ounce bottles from them and 4 large NOAD sunscreen from drugstore.com and I was able to make 2 ounces for 40 botles under 50 cents each..and its just once more spot to use our monogram :) More info on my bio
  • Options
    I bought all of my items at Target & Walmart. Christmas tree shops (not sure if other people have them or if it's just a MA thing) also now has an aisle of travel size items-at least my local store does.Kingpepsisgirl-thanks for the suggestion about the dollarstore! I am going to go check that out to see what else I can find!
  • Options
    Not to "hijack" the thread, but I have a related question...do you girls put all your OOT liquid items (sunscreens, lotions, etc.) in your checked luggage?  I know there are restrictions about the amount allowed of those things know, so I've been curious how you all handle that with your OOT stuff.  Thanks. :-)
  • Options
    I intend on putting that stuff in my checked luggage.  I don't think there is any other way of getting around the new laws with regard to those types of liquids.  I'm curious to know how the former DW Knotties / Nesties did this too though.  :)  Maybe a good question to post on the Nestie board.
  • Options
    I got 4oz tubes of SPF 30 suncreen at the Dollar Tree recently!  I originally bought the smaller 1oz bottles at Target for 99 cents plus tax, but couldn't pass up the better deal, so I returned the ones from Target.  I also got mini tissues from Dollar Tree (8 for 1.00), mini sewing kits, mini mani kits, tropical shirt and reg can koozies, antibac solution (3 for 1.00).  FI went crazy when he saw how much I was buying, but I just couldn't pass up the deals!I also got travel pkts of Shout wipes at TargetI'm planning on making mini wellness kits myself with Tylenol, alcohol wipes, band aids, peptobismol, etc.  I'll prob just buy them in bulk and seperate them myself bc it will be cheaper.  But Staples has a pk of 50 individually wrapped pkts of Ibuprofen or Tylenol for $15 if you're interested.I look at minimus, but I wasn't too impressed with the prices...  Travel sections of Target, Walmart, etc are great places to look!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards