Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

NWR: Back. Away. From. The. Scissors.

Ok ladies... here's the deal. Every freaking Fall I get the urge to cut my hair. EVERY FALL. lol. Well since last year (when I cut my hair) I have been trying to grow it out. It's past my shoulders now, a little longer than in the picture in my siggy from the concert.I've been trying to grow my hair out for the wedding because I want long (as long as I can naturally get) curly hair on the big day. I have a hair appointment today... feeling the itch to cut it again! Like a serious, can't ignore it, urge to CHOP. Hopefully my stylist will just say No. hahaha. She probably will to be honest, she won't let me do anything crazy right now with the wedding so close. I just keep thinking "Cutting it is not big deal, I can just use clip in extensions for the wedding!" LOL. I need help.

Re: NWR: Back. Away. From. The. Scissors.

• Options
    Do NOT do it! I had mine cut over the summer and they were suppose to take 3 inches off and took 7! I'm not frantically trying to grow my hair by taking Biotin to help it grow quicker!
  • Options
    DONT DO IT!!!!!!! I chopped off all my hair before I started my big girl job after graduation. And spent the last year trying to grow it back out. It ended up long enough for my wedding... but I still miss my long hair. Its gonna take like another year or two before its where I want it. I do the same thing though - it gets long and I think it will be cute short. So I cut it and it is cute for like a week and a half, then I regret it. STEP AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS!!!!!
  • Options
    Don't do it, Dont do it!!! Take the picture of the hairstyle you want with you so you can stare at it while you're at your appoint. and it will keep you focused on not cutting your hair :o)
  • Options
    I do the exact same thing as you.  Only I usually wait 2 years before seriously cutting it all off and then regrowing it.  This time it's to my mid back and itching to be cut.  But like you I know that I might regret it this time.  It's not worth the hassle.  Buying extensions may work but then you have to think if your wedding day stylist will know how to work with them.  Just too much hassle for very little payoff.  Like pp said before DON'T DO IT!  Sorry I'm not really yelling.  :-)
  • Options
    No. Don't. Do. It.  Be strong! After the wedding you can go scissor crazy!
  • Options
    DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!  I have made my stylist, Besty promise me she WILL NOT cut my hair, even if I beg and plea.  She knows I wouldn't forgive her if she gives in.  Maybe get some fun colors instead, to spice it up :)  I have not a dark purpley color, it fades kinda quick, maybe after a month or two of washes and it's fun for now!!! I don't want to be disappointed in yoru hair ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Don't do it!  Keep the scissors away!You're lucky your hair grows so fast.  I've been trying to grow mine out for over a year now and not making much progress.  It's the one thing FI asked me to do for the wedding and one of the few things I can't control.  For your wedding, you'll have more options if you don't cut it.  You can always do it when the wedding is over.  Just a thought...
  • Options
    I can feel the urge going away! I know you're all so right... I even texted my stylist so she knows what to expect and she just replied saying "NO ARE YOU CRAZY?" lol. exactly like that. So I am in good hands!I am looking forward to going to chop crazy after the wedding! Maybe I can find enough willpower to wait until after the AHR. Thanks ladies! :)
  • Options
    Like everyone said DONT DO IT!  I'm the same, it gets long and I cut it all off.  We get back from Jamaica Nov. 13th and I will be cutting it super short on the 14th.  Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    Don't do it!!! Even if you get extensions, for them to match the color and texture of your hair perfectly so they don't look weird on your wedding pictures is gonna cost you a fortune. Usually because of the way it reflects the light extensions tend to look really weird on pics. If you feel the urge to cut it...page Rose (choogirl) and ask her about it...yeah her extensions did look amazing, but it cost her a lot of $$$ and she had a really hard time finding the right place to get them done.
  • Options
    NNNNOOOOOO!!!!  Just get a trim and you will feel much better - it's amazing how only 1/2 an inch off makes a difference in your mood and feeling about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    I have been feeling the same urge when I look at all these cute professional cuts but we will WANT long hair on that day so don't do it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards