Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

What are you doing at your DW?

We would like to have an AHR, but I am not sure what to do at the actual DW.  I was thinking about having everyone get some pizza from this place that FI has raved about since we began dating, Nick's Pizza.  There would not be a lot of people at the ceremony, maybe about 15 people.  I'm just not sure how realistic that is.  What are you doing?

Re: What are you doing at your DW?

• Options
    FI and I are having just the two of us at our DW. We are either having a romantic dinner on the beach or eating at Gordon's at our resort.
  • Options
    We are having a small reception with dinner for those that are coming to the DW.  Then we are having a wedding celebration in NJ, but that will be more casual, a bbq with a band.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we are having a reception in Aruba. We are having a buffet & dancing. Our AHR is just going to be hors'd'eurves, so basically our all out reception will be in Aruba.
  • Options
    When we considered everything, we decided our wedding DAY would be the big celebration since the day we got married would be much more special and important to us than the day we celebrated back home. So our wedding day was the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, etc and our AHR was just going to be lunch at a restaurant - no dancing, garter toss, etc. Just a chance to get together with everyone and show off our pics, etc.
  • Options
    We're only doing lunch after the ceremony, but not a traditional reception. Once we get home, we'll have an AHR with cake, music, etc.
  • Options
    We are doing a cocktail hour for guests after our wedding while we take photos (we are not going to see each other before the wedding).  Then we are having dinner on the beach and dancing the night away with our guests. AHR- Open house reception at our home.  Very casual.  The majority of my closest friends and family will be at my wedding, so my "wedding" is in Mexico!
  • Options
    We're doing a reception on a boat after the ceremony. We really wanted to "reward" the people that made the effort to make it to our wedding. Otherwise, i think they would feel a little bit jibbed. Also, gives me an excuse to wear my dress longer :)
  • Options
    We have about 20 people coming to our wedding.  We are doing cake and champagne after the ceremony and then getting a reservation at a resturant at the resort so we can all have dinner together.  Then we thought we could all go out afterwards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are having an AHR too but want "reward" people that traveled for the big day. Day 1- Welcome Party- Hand out OOT BagsWelcome Dinner- Speciality RestaurantDay 2-Rehersal Dinner at Buffet Restaurant w Live MusicWedding Day-Beach CeremonyFull Reception in Ballroom w DJ
  • Options
    I haven't decided if we're gonna have an AHR so we're having a BIG reception at our resort-full cocktail hour; full dinner; DJ dancning etc.  IF we do something back at home; it might be a party at our house (can't afford anything more) with drinks and appetizers.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards