Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

St John USVI in Sept??? Help!

Hi everyone! I need help. I am getting conflicting info form planners and the web. I am about to book my wedding in St John for Sept 25 2010. My only concern is that 1 planner told me that 3/4 businesses shuts down in sept for the 'off season'. Another planner told me thats not true. Some shut down but not most. Has anyone been there at this time? I dont want to get there and have my guests be disappointed that there isn't as much to do as they expected! Help!Also, has anyone ever worked with Janelle Scott of Isalnd Bliss weddings? Thanks!Tara

Re: St John USVI in Sept??? Help!

• Options
    I've been there many many times, but never in Sept....I do believe that some people will shut down because not only is off season, but is also the most active time of hurricane season. I have no idea how many will actually shut down, so I'm no help with that, but it's something to consider.Good luck with the planning!
  • Options
    There is a Knottie who posts on P&E who lives in the USVI - St. Thomas I think.  (yes I am a lurker there b/c it is sooo entertaining!).  lyndausvi is the Knottie...  She might be helpful with the "shut-down" question.
  • Options
    I am currently working with Janelle for my January wedding, and she has been AWESOME. She is soo prompt and replies to my emails super fast. She even emailed me once to tell me she was on vacation and would email me in a few days. And I found her prices to be the best for my needs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards