Destination Weddings Discussions

What kind of shoes are your FIs wearing?

My FI has not decided on shoes or sandals yet. I would like to show him options ESP from people getting married on the beach.
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: What kind of shoes are your FIs wearing?

• Kevin and I both ended up going barefoot.  I brought 4 different pairs of shoes with me and he had 2 but in the end it was the best option for us!
    imageAnniversary
  • My fiancé decided on a pair of tan boat shoes from rockport shoes - they aren't on the website so I can't post a pic! He loves them and thinks they are comfy. It was between the boat shoes and sandals but he wanted a more formal feel. Good luck!
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • He's going barefoot for the ceremony then putting on flip flops for the reception :)
  • We are going barefoot for the ceremony as well, but he decided on these tommy bahama flip flops:

The groomsment are wearing FIs second runner ups lol...  Reef Cerveza:

Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • My FI has a thing with feet, he doesn't like anyone looking at them and they are not gross so I'm not sure if I can get him in flops lol. He's certainly not wearing sneakers!!!!
  • FI just said that he liked the idea of boat shoes instead of regular dress shoes but he's not sure yet.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Barefoot for ceremony, flip flops for reception.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Would it look odd if I wore shoes and he was barefoot? I'm a foot shorter so my wedges are 4". I do like those Tommy bahama flip flops Jen pictured.
  • Jenn, I am a little worried about your shoes.  Have you tried to walk in the sand with them?  I found the sand in Hawaii was looser than say the sand in Mexico.  I had brought some wedges that were about 3 inches.  I wore them to the beach and to dinner but I took them off while actually in the sand because I am a klutz and thought it was too unstable for me.
    imageAnniversary
  • FI is wearing some sort of boat shoes similar to this:
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_what-kind-of-shoes-are-your-fis-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:12bffc28-689d-4cc3-bddc-2612e55dd703Post:0b114ba3-f53b-45df-a92b-fde966a68876">Re: What kind of shoes are your FIs wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenn, I am a little worried about your shoes.  Have you tried to walk in the sand with them?  I found the sand in Hawaii was looser than say the sand in Mexico.  I had brought some wedges that were about 3 inches.  I wore them to the beach and to dinner but I took them off while actually in the sand because I am a klutz and thought it was too unstable for me.
    Posted by rmontpas[/QUOTE]

No I haven't and I am a little worried about this too. I will try them out when I get there. Because my dress is T-length, I thought going barefoot might look ridiculous.
  • I don't think you could ever look ridiculous!  I do understand what you are saying though.  I don't know what to suggest,
    imageAnniversary
  • I guess I can try it when I get there and if they don't work, I'll get some barefoot sandals while I'm there!
  • I did see barefoot sandals for sale in quite a few places in Maui so I am sure you will be able to find them if you need them.
    imageAnniversary
  • Great, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards