Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

The bad

Not to many but a few things that irked me.  So I ended up waking up at like 4:30 am because of a horrible dream about this huge gigantic snake that was getting ready to eat our dog (LOL).  Its funny now but sucked at the time because I thought I was gonna be so tired on the wedding night.  Turns out I wasn't and had so much adrenaline I didn't even go to bed until 3am on our wedding night almost.  I was exhausted the next couple days though.  

I don't think DH's parents put any thought into what they were going to wear. They stood out like a sore thumb.  They even had WATERSHOES on. Barefoot on the beach I think, but watershoes on at the reception.   I mean come on, thats going a little to far.  I knows its a beach wedding but at least try and look nice for your son's wedding ya know?  A couple people brought it up to me during the reception, but I didn't care at the time.  Its doesn't look bad on me if they look like that so what did I care.  Now that I've seen pictures, its starting to bug me.  I know it bugs him a little to but we just keep saying at least it wasn't us.  

From the beginning we told our families that we would be at our house during the whole week, not out visiting everyone.  They could come over anytime and visit if they wanted.   My family was fine with that and they came to visit some.  Part of DH;s family came also.  The other part of his family never once came down except for the wedding and then tried giving him a guilt trip at the end of the week.  We told them numerous times before we left and when we got there though that this was the case, guess they just didn't believe us.  Oh well..

Not really a bad per say, but I was sad because we didn't dance at the reception like I wanted.  Instead we ended up jumping in the pool for while and then got in the hot tub and hung out with all our friends.  It turned out to be really fun so the no dancing thing turned out to be OK. 

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
Hatteras, North Carolina
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary

Re: The bad

• Options
    Sorry to hear about DH's parents...maybe you can photoshop that out in pics if need be?!?
    Glad to hear that even though you woke up extra early because of the dream that you were able to be present for all that was going on on your wedding day! 
  • Options
    Watershoes, seriously? lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OK, so I had to go back to check your pics for DH's parents because when I looked the first time, I didn't notice anyone that stood out. I assume his mom was the one in the long pink skirt? To be honest, I think they look fine and not really out of place. I can understand how you might have wanted them to look more formal as the MOG and FOG but I really don't think it's something that should put a damper on your photos. Looking at them, nothing seemed off to me. The watershoes, maybe a bit much, but I think the outfits were acceptable.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_bad-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:1535ed12-0699-4a48-a444-ef104c154e26Post:46d9f07c-4c85-414f-a6f6-6156656bcd80">Re: The bad</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, so I had to go back to check your pics for DH's parents because when I looked the first time, I didn't notice anyone that stood out. I assume his mom was the one in the long pink skirt? To be honest, I think they look fine and not really out of place. I can understand how you might have wanted them to look more formal as the MOG and FOG but I really don't think it's something that should put a damper on your photos. Looking at them, nothing seemed off to me. The watershoes, maybe a bit much, but I think the outfits were acceptable.
    Posted by LolaPizzy[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yea I get what your saying, They didn't look terrible we know that.  I think it bugs me because they were asking us for so long what to wear and always asking our opinions.  I guess I just thought they would have put more thought into it after all the calls and questions we got the last several months.  I wasn't worried about it that night and it is what it is.   I think I was just shocked to see pics with the watershoes.  That threw me off completely lol

</div>
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards