Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Am I the only one who didn't do...

Engagement photos??  I think I'm starting to regret it seeing all of you ladies' beautiful e-pics.  Would it be totally crazy of me to do it this soon before the wedding??  LOL!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Am I the only one who didn't do...

• Options
    I didn't either and after seeing everyone's, I wish I did too. We are on a budget which is another reason for eloping and people in my area don't go all out like these ladies but everyone's turned out so beautiful.....I'm jealous!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I think you could still do it if you wanted to; a girl I worked with did hers a few months before. 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I say that we did e-pics but we really just took some photos at the resort we went to in September.  We were a little drunk when we did them.  I wish that we had money in the budget to have an e-session.  I say that if you have it in your budget, do it!!

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_am-only-one-didnt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:15c5069b-b0da-488d-b9bb-a85888aaa706Post:3e183102-2f8e-4286-9a7a-94541665ce58">Re: Am I the only one who didn't do...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say that we did e-pics but we really just took some photos at the resort we went to in September.  <strong>We were a little drunk when we did them.  I wish that we had money in the budget to have an e-session. </strong> I say that if you have it in your budget, do it!!
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]

Ummm this would definitely be the only way I could get FI to do them!!! Hahah!  I do think it'd be a little more fun that way - does that make me a lush?!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If it makes you a lush that lush me that I am too!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I was just looking for a "like" button under that comment - LOL!  What a dork I am!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing ours in January.  FI is on call and can't leave the city until then.  The photos that we do have are from our friend, who's trying to get her photography business off the ground.  Neither one of us like them very much, he's too pale, I'm too tan next to him, my makeup is too heavy, we're both sweating like horses.  I asked our photog and she said that doing e-pics 3 months before isn't a big deal.  We'll have them before the wedding and it'll be nice to have professional pictures around the house other than wedding photos.
  • Options
    I LOVED doing ours.  It was so much fun and I'm happy with how they turned out.  I know ppl who did them really close to their wedding.  I don't see anything wrong with that. 
  • Options
    Lindsay, are you doing them in Tampa?  If so, who are you using?  And, can I ask if it's a reasonable price?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't do any e-pics and I don't think we missed them at all.  If you do want them, there's nothing wrong with doing them close to the wedding.  I just think they're kind of an unnecessary expense if you don't have a purpose for them (STDs, etc).  I think the biggest benefit of doing an e-session is to get you used to having one or more very large cameras pointed at you for an extended period of time, and also getting to know your photographer's style -- which, for most of us DW brides, doesn't really work.
  • Options
    I definitely think if you wanted to do them, them you could still do so...

Ours was, as Tanq explained, a chance to get to know our photographers, their style, and for them to get to know us. We are actually bringing photogs from home with us, so it will be the same couple on our wedding day. Also ours were free, a perk of the package with our photogs.
  • Options
    We didn't do them either.  I love looking at everyone's and sometimes wish we did but I really don't like pictures of myself so the wedding ones will be enough.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    My aunt is a photographer and did some of us on a family beach trip. It was nice to have a few to put on our STD's but I did not want to get too picture happy before the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing ours in Orlando and using Tabitha Mccausland

When we were planning a wedding in Tampa we were going to use Leftcoast Weddings

my friend Lyndsey just got married in November and used them for her e-pics and wedding.  They turned out really good.

here's the FB link to her wedding, I'm not sure how she's got her settings.

and the FB link to her e-pics
  • Options
    I think you could do them now if you wanted to!  You are still engaged for another few months!  I loved ours and I think it was good to get FI used to taking pictures even though it was with a different photographer then we are using for the wedding.  He is just so anti-picture lol!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Options
    Great post, I was feeling in the minority since we haven't made any plans for e-pics either.  F was not at all into doing these, and I was iffy, and now we're at 99 days (thank you ticker) so I doubt we'll get it together to get them done.  I've seen a lot of great deals for e-pics through groupon and other deal sites, so I still think about it on occasion.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We did them and while I do love them, we certainly could have done without.  They were really nice to have for our STD's and website since neither of us could agree on any candid photos we have. : )  And we had to use a photographer through the resort, so we were doing it more as a back-up to get pictures of us around that time, just in case we hated the wedding pics (which we didn't!)

So while I don't think it would be weird if you did it now, I don't think you'll be missing out too much without them.  And maybe you can negotiate with FI and get him to agree to a session for holiday cards next year or the year after since you didn't push him to get e-pics. ; )
  • Options
    We didn't do them and at first, I kind of regretted it. Now with wedding pics, I don't feel like I missed out by not doing e pics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in mid-April and haven't done them yet, but plan to in the next month or so. We both wanted to lose some weight first and we want to get them done  so we have some fun and professional pics of us (and not in wedding clothes) since all of the pics we have of us are pretty much while on vacation. And I am usually in a tank top and shorts in all of those without my hair and makeup done and sweaty from hiking. So I wanted some nice, but causal pics. 

I say if you want them, get them. If you have a good camera you could always get a family member or friend take them just so you have some. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards