Destination Weddings Discussions

Bouquet

For all you who are having or have had a destination wedding...did any of you get silk flowers for your bouquet and if so, how did you transport it while traveling?? I don't want to pay $$$$ for a bouquet I'll use for 20 minutes so I wanted to get a silk bouquet. I'm just worried of how it'll travel while flying and all that. Thanks!

Re: Bouquet

• I ordered my flowers from Wedideas.  They are pretty affordable with lots of options.  I'm paying $269 for the following
    -Brides Bouquet
    -3 Bm Bouquets
    -Groom Bout
    -4 GM Bout
    -2 Mothers Corsages
    -1 Bout for my brother
    --Free Toss Bouquet (I don't need this, but they're including it)

I don't feel that it's expensive for all that I'm getting. 

HTH!

• And I didn't even answer your question, haha sorry!  I plan on packing them in my suitcase, I'm pretty sure they will be able to be sprung back to life.
  • I got flowers from Angel's Accent.  I love my flowers.  They were a tad pricey at 60.00 for a dozen flowers but they also look super real.  I have a pic in my bio.

As for transporting them, they are going in my suitcase.  I only have my bouquet so it's not a lot to try and transport but I'm thinking of trying to get some corrugated cardboard to put around it just to help.

Honestly I was wondering the same thing the other day so I will interested to see what others are doing. 
  • I think I am going to use fabric to make my flowers and possibly throw in some fake ones too. I haven't really thought about transportation, but putting them in seperate boxes sounds like a great idea.

• I am not really at the stage of picking out the flowers yet but I beleive I plan on using the flowers that are included in the package at the resort.  Plus I plan on adding a few extras.  I am getting married in the carribean and the flowers will be in abundance there and fairly inexpensive and very fresh.  A girl I work with in is from Trinidad and she raves about the flowers and the fruit in the caribbean.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made my silk bouquet.. I think for mine and my 2 bridesmaids the flowers and everything was about $120ish I dont like the look of the guys having flowers so I scrapped that! But we will be packing them in a box and shipping them down. The nice thing about fake flowers is you can always fluff them back up and position them however you want!!!

BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • SO I am doing a combination of both.  I went to a hallmark near my parents house and they do AMAZING silk flowers...I ordered: BM bouquets, gm boutineers, dads boutineers, moms/gma corsages and ceremony decor.  They packed ours in  2 flower boxes, that my parents will be taking as their carry on. If you are going out of the country make sure that you have the receipt b/c I hear that they may give you a hard time in customs without it.   

Then I ordered a real flower bouquet for me to carry.

• I only had my bouquet and then pin on bouts for DH and the parents... I got mine from Wedideas.... I kept them in the box that they were shipped to me in, and put it in my carry on... It just needed a bit of "fluffing" once it was out of the box. :) 

I'm glad I chose fake (real touch) because, It is what I wanted-the resort didnt have what I wanted, & I can keep them forever-they are on my mantle currently. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards