Destination Weddings Discussions

Originally thought no veil-- but now having a change of <3

I originally had planned on no veil, and just doing a hair flower, but now I'm thinking that a birdcage/blusher veil would really look great with my dress.

Thoughts?

ETA: My mom's comment is that it may be too formal. FI is just wearing khakis and a teal shirt. Does it really matter/make that much of a difference?

Re: Originally thought no veil-- but now having a change of <3

• I say do it... only because you had me at "birdcage"

I loveeee birdcages, so practical. (especially at the beach)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • Do it! You'll only get marry once. If you are having second thought I say do it! :)

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • I say DO IT as well!  And even if you plan on one and then the day of your decide no, at least you'll have it and be missing it!!!
  • I said DO IT too. Pick a veil that you think will look great with your dress and be practical for the beach. There are so many different options that I am sure you will find something you love :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I bought my veil, then was like ehhh, maybe I will just use it for the AHR, then when I actually got the thing in...guilty....I wear that thing around my house like once a week!  I freaking love it.  You should totally do it and I've decided, I really don't care how everything "goes" together because you're going to be happy looking/feeling like a bride, FI will happy in what he wants to wear, etc.  Who cares! 

I'm wearing a second dress after the ceremony for the rest of the day and I plan on rocking my veil the whole day as well.  I don't care that people will be like ummm, miss, you're wearing a veil at a public luau.  I will be like watch it, it's my personal bug guard!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_originally-thought-veil-but-now-having-change-of-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:2141a19d-ce73-4559-af47-1d408177ca93Post:32da9f1e-674d-471b-98e4-5106eedfc57f">Re: Originally thought no veil-- but now having a change of <3</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my veil, then was like ehhh, maybe I will just use it for the AHR, then when I actually got the thing in...guilty....I wear that thing around my house like once a week!  I freaking love it.  You should totally do it and I've decided, I really don't care how everything "goes" together because you're going to be happy looking/feeling like a bride, FI will happy in what he wants to wear, etc.  Who cares!  I'm wearing a second dress after the ceremony for the rest of the day and I plan on rocking my veil the whole day as well.  I don't care that people will be like ummm, miss, you're wearing a veil at a public luau.  I will be like watch it, <strong>it's my personal bug guard</strong>!
    Posted by sld0618[/QUOTE]

<div>LOVES IT!! </div><div>Yeah, I'll probably wear mine ohhhh.... just about every day for a year. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_originally-thought-veil-but-now-having-change-of-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:2141a19d-ce73-4559-af47-1d408177ca93Post:32da9f1e-674d-471b-98e4-5106eedfc57f">Re: Originally thought no veil-- but now having a change of <3</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my veil, then was like ehhh, maybe I will just use it for the AHR, then when I actually got the thing in...guilty....I wear that thing around my house like once a week!  I freaking love it.  You should totally do it and I've decided, I really don't care how everything "goes" together because you're going to be happy looking/feeling like a bride, FI will happy in what he wants to wear, etc.  Who cares!  I'm wearing a second dress after the ceremony for the rest of the day and I plan on rocking my veil the whole day as well.  I don't care that people will be like ummm, miss, you're wearing a veil at a public luau. <strong> I will be like watch it, it's my personal bug guard!</strong>
    Posted by sld0618[/QUOTE]

<div>LMAO you crack me up!</div>
  • Go for the veil... this is your day and if it makes you feel good then dammit you deserve it!  Who cares what others think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP. Your wedding is all about what you want. If you look more formal than your FI, who cares? The bride is supposed to be who everyone notices anyway!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards